The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

We cheat, but we were not gonna hire someone dad.

They lowdown, they dirty, they some snitches...

I assume you didn’t know that early at Memphis, Calipari hired Milt Wagner before signing Dejuan. Yea, pretty funny coming from a UK fan.

Any idea who the double-secret exhibition game is going to be against this pre-season, or has it already happened?
I believe it was either Davidson or Dayton last season - I can't remember which.

Any idea who the double-secret exhibition game is going to be against this pre-season, or has it already happened?
I believe it was either Davidson or Dayton last season - I can't remember which.
This Saturday against Davidson, and then exhibition open to public October 31st against Tusculum.

I assume you didn’t know that early at Memphis, Calipari hired Milt Wagner before signing Dejuan. Yea, pretty funny coming from a UK fan.
Good grief...you beat me to it. I would expect radio silence from LC on this point. Not to mention that there is nothing illegal about it. If you want to waste a coaching spot on a kid's dad, that's on you. Just at Memphis, you had Milt Wagner, but more recently, Keelon Lawson was hired, as well.

Good grief...you beat me to it. I would expect radio silence from LC on this point. Not to mention that there is nothing illegal about it. If you want to waste a coaching spot on a kid's dad, that's on you. Just at Memphis, you had Milt Wagner, but more recently, Keelon Lawson was hired, as well.

At least they were assistant coaches. We went all in on wade Houston haha.

This Saturday against Davidson, and then exhibition open to public October 31st against Tusculum.
Yeah, I knew about Tusculum because they're on the schedule. Just wasn't sure who the double-secret opponent whose name shall never be mentioned in public might be. Don't understand why it has to be such a big secret as if national security depends on it not being made public.

Yeah, I knew about Tusculum because they're on the schedule. Just wasn't sure who the double-secret opponent whose name shall never be mentioned in public might be. Don't understand why it has to be such a big secret as if national security depends on it not being made public.
It has been mentioned publicly, and a score will be released...the NCAA has loosened up a bit on that deal

At least they were assistant coaches. We went all in on wade Houston haha.
True, but Wade was a 13-year, D1 assistant coach at a high major school and coaching under an established HOF coach, having helped them to 2 national championships.

That isn't a defense of Wade, but he had probably earned the right to a D1 head coaching job, albeit at a lower level than Tennessee.

Reactions: The Dog
Haven't been over here lately so siap

Hearing that Bowden is getting plenty of reps at PG which should give us a 3rd option there

Reactions: Special Ed
Haven't been over here lately so siap

Hearing that Bowden is getting plenty of reps at PG which should give us a 3rd option there

Yup, that was where the focus for him as been as far as improvement goes, suring up that handle. Long term for him that could turn out to be a blessing for him, it was definitely a weakness for him and if he can improve on it he’s definitely increases his chances of playing professionally. Many will laugh at it but there’s plenty of spots in the league for a 3 & D guy, he’s not there yet but he could get there.

Need Bone to take that next step so we don’t need that scenario much.

Welcome back Bruin
Were Ziti and BadJerry okay when you escaped from wherever you’ve been? 😆

Need Bone to take that next step so we don’t need that scenario much.

Welcome back Bruin
Were Ziti and BadJerry okay when you escaped from wherever you’ve been? 😆

I’m taking the wait and see approach, but multiple people who have watched practice have raved about Bone...one said he was the best player on the floor other than Williams, if he takes that step watch out.

I’m taking the wait and see approach, but multiple people who have watched practice have raved about Bone...one said he was the best player on the floor other than Williams, if he takes that step watch out.
I’m with you in the wait and see seats. But the talent is there and the improvement has been seen at every position but the 1. And with Barnes constantly speaking the truth, if he didn’t believe he was capable this year, I gotta believe he would have pushed harder for a Daniels type player this year.

I’m hoping to Bone it feels like motivation in a way due to lack of recruiting this year at his position.

True, but Wade was a 13-year, D1 assistant coach at a high major school and coaching under an established HOF coach, having helped them to 2 national championships.

That isn't a defense of Wade, but he had probably earned the right to a D1 head coaching job, albeit at a lower level than Tennessee.
I agree completely with u, Wade was presumed ready to run his own program. Considering he was bringing Allan with him, I would even say he was presumed ready to run UT or a comparable program. Wade wasn't ready and I think he was more suited as a great recruiting assistant coach, very similar to Holly, imo. Yes, Holly's record compared to Wade's is a beat down, but they are career assistants. UT just had to find out the hard way and still are, in Holly's case. The good cop to Summit and Crum's bad cop/dictator. I mean that in a very complimentary way

VN Store

Back