The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I swear the next time we have drivebys in here during basketball season saying how bad UT basketball is, I just want to preemptively remind them that right now the bar is so unbelievably low in football that we have people praising last night's loss to BYU because the team actually seemed to care more than the GSU game.

That my friends is the bar barely being off the ground.

I swear the next time we have drivebys in here during basketball season saying how bad UT basketball is, I just want to preemptively remind them that right now the bar is so unbelievably low in football that we have people praising last night's loss to BYU because the team actually seemed to care more than the GSU game.

One could begin to long for the days of mediocrity under Phil's regime.

Reactions: cncchris33
One could begin to long for the days of mediocrity under Phil's regime.
Hell Calban, give me Butch Jones mediocrity and mind boggling game decisions.

But REALLY, our team has no leaders. We need more kids to step up and I think they will only step up when they’ve been dealt bad losses and played through them.

But REALLY, our team has no leaders. We need more kids to step up and I think they will only step up when they’ve been dealt bad losses and played through them.
Hate to see them settle into that it's okay to lose mentality they had under butch though.

I coach high school sports and while not anywhere on the scale of UT football, it's obvious to anyone that has seen good player leadership. There is none on the UT Football team. No upperclassmen standing and taking action both verbal and physical. I can't find the quote and I'll butcher it but it's true that player-led teams will always go further than coach-led teams. There's a different animal fighting there when it's brothers on a field in the trenches together vs. fighting for the guy on the sideline or the fans in the stands. Not saying that good teams don't do that too.

Butch Jones wouldn’t have lost to Georgia State and BYU 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Vol Pass is back. I'm kind of surprised after all of the success last year. $150, up from $99 a year ago... but still a great deal. Some seats (behind the TN bench) require $5,000 donations.

I bet the Vol Pass sells out quickly. Guaranteed a seat for each game. Hard to get good ones for the big games, but the lower bowl is usually available for the lesser opponents... especially the week night games.

Completely random post, but it’s the offseason so who cares... a local Chinese restaurant is promoting their “Mooncake” me, not having any idea what that is googled it... who in the hell eats this???? 😂

Mooncake - Wikipedia

Completely random post, but it’s the offseason so who cares... a local Chinese restaurant is promoting their “Mooncake” me, not having any idea what that is googled it... who in the hell eats this???? 😂

Mooncake - Wikipedia
Hmm. Saw mooncakes in a movie last night. The Green Dragons were selling them stuffed with heroin.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

With another disastrous football season , there will be even more show up -

On the basketball topic, with last years loss still stinging, who are the some of the best teams in ncaa history that didn’t win the championship? I can think of a few, last years UT team, last years duke team, and the platoon Kentucky team.

On the basketball topic, with last years loss still stinging, who are the some of the best teams in ncaa history that didn’t win the championship? I can think of a few, last years UT team, last years duke team, and the platoon Kentucky team.

The 1990 UNLV team finished 34 -1. Lost in the semis to Duke. They were the defending champs, and had won 45 straight game.

VN Store

Back