The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

This is not accurate. There has never been a time when Fulkerson was the best player on the floor during his freshman year. He had two good games. Three poor games and was average at best in the other games he played. He hustled, but he was never the best player on the court.

BTW, he has played really well at times this year. Brings lots of energy off the bench

This is not accurate. There has never been a time when Fulkerson was the best player on the floor during his freshman year. He had two good games. Three poor games and was average at best in the other games he played. He hustled, but he was never the best player on the court.
I agree that he was not the best player on the floor. I did go overboard in that statement. The point I inartfully was trying to say was he looked the best of that crop of freshmen and had the look of having more upside than the players on the floor. You may still disagree with that, that’s just what I saw.

It's college bb which is the sport where on any given day a lesser team can win, but I will be surprised if the Vols lose tonight. Mature team, strong defense, strong rebounding, strong scoring from potentially 7 different players. No other SEC team has all these. Florida is going to need a lot of things to go their way and UT to have an uncharacteristicly poor performance to win tonight. JMO, TIFWIW, DrankTheOrangeKoolaid

Be careful. I mentioned that Fulky lacked upper body strength and got hammered by the homers.

He could probably bulk up a little more, but I am just not sure he’s that kind of player. He’s a lean 4 who has a certain role to get others their shots in the correct spot and to rebound. His defense is better as a helper as he has struggled in the zone. But he also plays offense well against a zone at the high post. He killed a zone in one game last year, and Barnes likes putting him in that position.

Fulky is probably just a career role player with the chance of becoming better and having a chance to really influence games after this year.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
barttorvik says 1pt Gator win
KenPom says 1pt Vol win
I think Sagarin is like 1.85 TN. (if I know how to read it) using predictor and the 3.1 advantage for home. Don't know how reliable Warren Nolan is but I think he's got us by about 7 or 8 points. I expect a close first 10 minutes and then pretty much a blow out, but I've been wrong before.

I think Sagarin is like 1.85 TN. (if I know how to read it) using predictor and the 3.1 advantage for home. Don't know how reliable Warren Nolan is but I think he's got us by about 7 or 8 points. I expect a close first 10 minutes and then pretty much a blow out, but I've been wrong before.

They’re very reliant on the 3 ball, which as we know at home sometimes teams catch fire...when Florida shoots over 30%from deep they’re 5-1, under 30% they’re 4-4. Similarly they average 11.2 threes made in their wins, but only 6.5 made threes in their losses...Tennessee is gonna have to be locked in on the perimeter and hope a hyped up team at home doesn’t get hot from 3.

They’re very reliant on the 3 ball, which as we know at home sometimes teams catch fire...when Florida shoots over 30%from deep they’re 5-1, under 30% they’re 4-4. Similarly they average 11.2 threes made in their wins, but only 6.5 made threes in their losses...Tennessee is gonna have to be locked in on the perimeter and hope a hyped up team at home doesn’t get hot from 3.
Being too locked in on the perimeter was what got us into trouble with Mizzou. I really don't think Florida is tough enough to take advantage inside like they did though. Florida has trouble finding points for long stretches and like you say they'll need to shoot a high percentage from 3 just to be in the game.

Be careful. I mentioned that Fulky lacked upper body strength and got hammered by the homers.
You haven't really been hammered yet. Still I don't see the need to disrespect our bench players. Calling guys like Walker hot garbage and JJ a definite miss and worthy of Mid Major status.
These guys could have hung it up and went the Mid Major route but they're sticking it out playing for one of the toughest coaches in the game. They deserve a little more patience and respect from our fans.
Sorry you feel picked on.

VN Store

Back