The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

If you guys wanna listen to some basketball talk, me and @TBrown got on the old podcast horn and posted an episode tonight. We are also on iTunes at VolNation Power-T Talk

Good listen. I like the concern mentioned about the backup big men being our glaring weakness right now. Barnes has been on both Walker and Fulk about bringing more. They are improving. Hopefully one of them will become consistent and give us a really good eight man rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBrown
Good listen. I like the concern mentioned about the backup big men being our glaring weakness right now. Barnes has been on both Walker and Fulk about bringing more. They are improving. Hopefully one of them will become consistent and give us a really good eight man rotation.
Pons would be a better backup center than either one of them. Not that I would want his role changed.

Fulk played decently against Mizzou after the horrible UGA game

As a freshman, Fulkerson was the best player on the floor for us until his injury. When he went down, I thought we would suck for the next two year. It’s really hard to believe we’re watching the same Vols playing like they are and hoping Fulkerson gets better so he can help this team. I would love to have seen his potential sans injury.

As a freshman, Fulkerson was the best player on the floor for us until his injury. When he went down, I thought we would suck for the next two year. It’s really hard to believe we’re watching the same Vols playing like they are and hoping Fulkerson gets better so he can help this team. I would love to have seen his potential sans injury.
It’s kinda weird, but he may just be a matchup kind of player for now, with potential to be more consistent. Ogbeide was just too strong for him

Reactions: Vols All Day

That first statement is pretty reckless. You’re talking about a kid who was 9th on the team in scoring and averaged 4 and 4 in 10 games.... And you’re saying he was our best player on the floor? Explain.

Robert Hubbs, Grant Williams and Detrick Mostella were the best players on that team.

The kid had hops, good moves and could run like a deer. At that time, he was no match for Hubbs or Mostella, but he had the potential (although you never knew what Hubbs would do at that time). Watching Grant as a freshman, I never envisioned that he would become the SEC POY and a national contender for the award. To tell you the truth, I was disappointed with that class. Shows what a judge of talent I am. I think I’ll leave that up to Barnes after watching him here at the real UT.

He still
He still lacks upper body strength and gets overpowered against teams with legitimate bigs. He is a world beater against mid major and small ball teams.

Ragging on another RS Soph. Get a clue.
Jordan Bowden showed up on campus the same time these two did. Do you hear me ragging on him? No, because he is a good player and a major contributer. I believe Fulk is a decent player but injuries have slowed his development. Unlike Johnson I believe he will make major contributions in the next 2 years.

It’s kinda weird, but he may just be a matchup kind of player for now, with potential to be more consistent. Ogbeide was just too strong for him
Be careful. I mentioned that Fulky lacked upper body strength and got hammered by the homers.

This is not accurate. There has never been a time when Fulkerson was the best player on the floor during his freshman year. He had two good games. Three poor games and was average at best in the other games he played. He hustled, but he was never the best player on the court.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

VN Store

Back