The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Looking at that photo, I guess I thought Kent was thicker or was heavier. Only 225.

What are the reasonable expectations for him this year? Can we expect him to contribute in spots and stretch the floor?

BTW, BTO's new avi is getting me confused with Chris. When you visit this site as much as most of us do, your brain subconsciously knows a poster by the avatar, and I keep getting them confused.

Has he had Knee surgery yet? I have not heard anything since the 1st of the month

Looking at that photo, I guess I thought Kent was thicker or was heavier. Only 225.

What are the reasonable expectations for him this year? Can we expect him to contribute in spots and stretch the floor?

BTW, BTO's new avi is getting me confused with Chris. When you visit this site as much as most of us do, your brain subconsciously knows a poster by the avatar, and I keep getting them confused.

I don’t think we are going to see much of him outside of blowouts and trying to get him some run...I do know the coaches like his skill set and think they have something with him but as you know most teams just don’t go 11/12 guys.

I do the same thing, I see something he posted and thought it was me and don’t recall saying it and then realize it was him, he needs to change it haha.

Last edited:

I just hoping he comes out with a real head band this year.

There is no doubt that something was going on with his recruiting. I know it's college basketball, and some people think it's normal for coaches to do that. He has committed more than just local players.
The actual content of the tapped phone call is pretty damning. Most likely nothing will come of it like with all the rest of this mess, but not a good look for Wade, and I am thrilled now, more than ever, that we passed.

I get confused sometimes too lol.Ftr, I've had this avi way longer than BTO's had his!

Just hope this doesn't effect James.
Dal, James commitment speech gives me absolutely no doubt that he will play for UT and Barnes at the very least one year (I really think 2 and maybe 3 years and graduate early, then go pro), so this new development with the 125k pro league stuff is moot with this kid. Plus, his family is not hurting for money

Looking at you Dallas.

Dal, James commitment speech gives me absolutely no doubt that he will play for UT and Barnes at the very least one year (I really think 2 and maybe 3 years and graduate early, then go pro), so this new development with the 125k pro league stuff is moot with this kid. Plus, his family is not hurting for money
I’m gunshy with this stuff lol just use to the vols getting screwed I guess

10 more days people. We can do this. I’m not sure my sanity will make it, but I will
Dude I can’t wait. When you factor overall experience at every position both in the starting lineup and off the bench we’re probably most well-balanced team in the country.

Top to bottom Duke’s incoming class might be the most solid group of freshman in the last 5 years and I still wouldn’t trade them for the team we have right now. Experience means everything in March, ask John Calipari.

Also, looking ahead... do you guys think Grant will play around the perimeter a little bit next season when Admiral is gone? Even with the loss of KA we should still have plenty of experienced depth on the low block and Grant could help his draft stock by improving his ball handling, outside shooting and perimeter defense. Right now I think Pons will most likely fill Admiral’s inside/out swingman role but I wonder if Grant doesn’t get a portion of those minutes. Depending on the matchup it’d probably keep him out of foul trouble early in the game.

Tobias Harris had to make this change in the NBA and he’s 2-3 inches taller than Grant. Meanwhile Jarnell Stokes hasn’t adapted his game outside of the low post and he’s struggled to make any significant impact in the league.

I’ll hang up and listen. Also, RIP Zeet.

Also, looking ahead... do you guys think Grant will play around the perimeter a little bit next season when Admiral is gone? Even with the loss of KA we should still have plenty of experienced depth on the low block and Grant could help his draft stock by improving his ball handling, outside shooting and perimeter defense. Right now I think Pons will most likely fill Admiral’s inside/out swingman role but I wonder if Grant doesn’t get a portion of those minutes. Depending on the matchup it’d probably keep him out of foul trouble early in the game.

Tobias Harris had to make this change in the NBA and he’s 2-3 inches taller than Grant. Meanwhile Jarnell Stokes hasn’t adapted his game outside of the low post and he’s struggled to make any significant impact in the league.

I’ll hang up and listen. Also, RIP Zeet.
Speaking of stokes, I'm surprised Miami cut him. He was a monster on the boards. I mean, what else does he need to do?

Speaking of stokes, I'm surprised Miami cut him. He was a monster on the boards. I mean, what else does he need to do?
I just don’t think he has as much to offer as some of their other options. A post player averaging 6 points and 5 boards in 11 minutes on the surface seems solid but he had poor shot selection, and missed a lot of free throws.

In 3 games he took 5 shots from beyond the arc, only making 1. For a guy like Jarnell to make a team he needs to either have a solid 3 pointer or stay on the low post, play physical, shoot .500 from the field and score some easy points at the free throw line.

He’s not really a threat to score points in transition, either.

I just don’t think he has as much to offer as some of their other options. A post player averaging 6 points and 5 boards in 11 minutes on the surface seems solid but he had poor shot selection, and missed a lot of free throws.

In 3 games he took 5 shots from beyond the arc, only making 1. For a guy like Jarnell to make a team he needs to either have a solid 3 pointer or stay on the low post, play physical, shoot .500 from the field and score some easy points at the free throw line.

He’s not really a threat to score points in transition, either.
He’s more of a traditional bruiser. He’s not gonna score a lot of points, but crashes the boards and wears guys out. Reminds me of Kendrick Perkins game. Just an aggressive agitator.

VN Store

Back