The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I’ve never watched Ja Morant previously, but he did not look like a Top 5 NBA draft pick to me. Terrible decisions tonight at the Dunn. Maybe it was the scouts or it being on ESPN2, but it looked like he was trying way too hard

Vols 83
'Cats 77

.....and now, for my bold prediction, because the Vols winning is not really bold, Bowden goes off. When I say, "goes off", I mean 30 points, 6 three-pointer, 7 boards (4 offensive) with a couple of dunks, including a SCTop10 dunk and his usual lock-down defense. After Saturday, Bowden wraps up SEC 6th Man and hits every NBA teams 2nd round draft board.

Wow, I was way off on this prediction. Still think the Vols and Bowden will bounce back. We blow out Vandy, Tuesday and retake control of the SEC at Baton Rouge, Saturday. Vols really need Kyle to step up his game, tho. As disappointed as I was in Bowden and Turner, Kyle was even more disappointing. KA got manhandled and quite frankly, disappeared against the 'Cats. Can't have that against LSU or the rematch with UK

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
Wow, I was way off on this prediction. Still think the Vols and Bowden will bounce back. We blow out Vandy, Tuesday and retake control of the SEC at Baton Rouge, Saturday. Vols really need Kyle to step up his game, tho. As disappointed as I was in Bowden and Turner, Kyle was even more disappointing. KA got manhandled and quite frankly, disappeared against the 'Cats. Can't have that against LSU or the rematch with UK
You can't make a difference if you can't stay on the floor. A couple of the fouls against Kyle were really tough (bad) calls, but some were just really dumb fouls for a senior to be committing. That is one phase of the game that he still has trouble controlling. In his defense, the definition of a foul was very different in the 2nd half than the 1st, and he picked up his last 3 fouls in about 5 minutes.

I don't like to blame the refs because I don't want to sound like UK fans, they beat our ass without the refs, but man that one foul against Kyle Alexander might have been the worst I've ever witnessed.
I agree. We got beat. They played more physical than us and as usual the SEC refs were very inconsistent with their calls. I’m not going to make excuses for being completely run out of the gym by another team, regardless of the refs, KY won.

We’ll hopefully be ready for them in Knoxville. The one silver lining in all of this was how our team never gave up. That 12-0 run after being by 24 points with about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half told me that this team doesn’t quit.

Whatever, we’ll move on. Our only losses are against KU (in overtime) and now against KY. We spent more consecustive weeks at #1 than any other team in the country. Let’s finish strong, win the SEC, and get that 1 seed next month.

Reactions: Stoked
I agree. We got beat. They played more physical than us and as usual the SEC refs were very inconsistent with their calls. I’m not going to make excuses for being completely run out of the gym by another team, regardless of the refs, KY won.

We’ll hopefully be ready for them in Knoxville. The one silver lining in all of this was how our team never gave up. That 12-0 run after being by 24 points with about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half told me that this team doesn’t quit.

Whatever, we’ll move on. Our only losses are against KU (in overtime) and now against KY. We spent more consecustive weeks at #1 than any other team in the country. Let’s finish strong, win the SEC, and get that 1 seed next month.
They didn't give up, but no one other than Bone and Grant showed any bit of "dog" in them. We needed Admiral to step up go off like he did against the Zags. His 3pt shot wasn't falling but he was doing pretty well driving to the lane. He should have done that more. Turner and Bowden having off nights will be our biggest weakness going forward. Teams are going to continue to clog the paint if our shots won't fall.

Man getting the 1 seed in the SECT is crucial! Having to potentially play the number 2 seed (UK or LSU) in the semi final and then having to have to play the number 1 seed (UK or LSU) in the championship would be brutal.

Some are thinking it's a sprained MCL...he might be out for our game.
While that is good news for our chances, I just can’t stomach the thought of hearing their fans talk about the difference it made, let alone the majesty of the idea that they won without him if they somehow managed to beat us.

While that is good news for our chances, I just can’t stomach the thought of hearing their fans talk about the difference it made, let alone the majesty of the idea that they won without him if they somehow managed to beat us.
Doesn't matter if they have him, or don't, they'll find some excuse as to why they lost. They can't be like us and just admit our team played bad got beat.

Thinking we want Duke. I think they’re pretty much cemented in as a 1 seed. Don’t need any teams like UNC moving up the seed order

VN Store

Back