The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Maybe Wade would have been successful if he were a full time coach. The trucking company that he owned was a major distraction.

That makes more sense... I'm not fully awake yet. lol.

Crazy game last night... Lebron missing two free throws in OT.
I saw that too! Watched them dig out of a 14 point deficit in the 1st quarter thinking they’d get their first win of the season so we can finally stop hearing about it. They came back, went into OT with the momentum and then lose by 1. LOL.

The Lakers starting out 0-3 is the most LeBron thing I’ve ever seen and its a perfect storm for the media to start putting Walton on the clock.

I did know, but then I remembered I was UK fan, not a Memphis or Cal fan.

Keep distancing yourself from your coach. When he wins a title, he's the man. When he does something you don't like, you aren't a fan of his. LOL.

Clearly, you don't have to hire father's at UK because the payment goes directly to the player.

Keep distancing yourself from your coach. When he wins a title, he's the man. When he does something you don't like, you aren't a fan of his. LOL.

I like Cal. He's a used car salesman masquerading as a coach, but he's a decent guy. But such a lazy take. I'm more critical of Cal than any UK fan.

Clearly, you don't have to hire father's at UK because the payment goes directly to the player.

No ****.

Grant is in the finals of the March madness preseason poty poll. Voting opens tomorrow

I was looking at the total votes in all the rounds, have a hard time seeing Grant not winning this, Volnation twitter really showing out. Grant’s matchups have the 3 highest voting totals of the entire bracket, so pretty clear Tennessee fans are out in full force on this.

Bored so looked up last years roster measurements verse this years...2017-2018/2018-2019

Jordan Bone 6’1” 173lbs/6’3” 180lbs
Lamonte Turner 6’1” 190lbs/6’2” 195lbs
Jordan Bowden 6’3” 180lbs/6’5” 193lbs
Jalen Johnson 6’5” 177lbs/6’6” 187lbs
Yves Pons 6’5” 203lbs/6’6” 209lbs
Admiral Schofield 6’5” 240lbs/6’6” 241lbs
Grant Williams 6’5” 234lbs/6’7” 236lbs
John Fulkerson 6’7” 203lbs/6’9” 197lbs
Derrick Walker 6’8” 238lbs/6’8” 236lbs
Kyle Alexander 6’9” 215lbs/6’11” 215lbs
Zach Kent 6’10” 224lbs/6’11” 225lbs

Bored so looked up last years roster measurements verse this years...2017-2018/2018-2019

Jordan Bone 6’1” 173lbs/6’3” 180lbs
Lamonte Turner 6’1” 190lbs/6’2” 195lbs
Jordan Bowden 6’3” 180lbs/6’5” 193lbs
Jalen Johnson 6’5” 177lbs/6’6” 187lbs
Yves Pons 6’5” 203lbs/6’6” 209lbs
Admiral Schofield 6’5” 240lbs/6’6” 241lbs
Grant Williams 6’5” 234lbs/6’7” 236lbs
John Fulkerson 6’7” 203lbs/6’9” 197lbs
Derrick Walker 6’8” 238lbs/6’8” 236lbs
Kyle Alexander 6’9” 215lbs/6’11” 215lbs
Zach Kent 6’10” 224lbs/6’11” 225lbs

I wish KA weighed about 15 lbs more of pure muscle.

Wow, it looks like our entire roster added inches this offseason. I need to get on that workout plan.

I’m fully aware Mo Bamba is on a completely different planet, but measurements wise in recent years that is the closest comparison for Alexander. His 7’5.5” wingspan would’ve ranked Top 3 in last years draft to only Bamba and Azubuike, and there are many years nobody has a wingspan like that, he’s got rare physical attributes. Bamba weighed in at 225lbs, so that 225-230lb range seemingly would be ideal for Alexander.

I’m fully aware Mo Bamba is on a completely different planet, but measurements wise in recent years that is the closest comparison for Alexander. His 7’5.5” wingspan would’ve ranked Top 3 in last years draft to only Bamba and Azubuike, and there are many years nobody has a wingspan like that, he’s got rare physical attributes. Bamba weighed in at 225lbs, so that 225-230lb range seemingly would be ideal for Alexander.
Agree completely. They have very comparable games, actually. Bamba plays with more attitude and power, which doesn’t seem to be Kyle’s mindset. Not sure that tiger will change its stripes. Having only played basketball for a short time, Kyle is just further behind than some of his contemporaries. If he had been playing ball all his life, he may have been a serious high-major player coming out of HS. A redshirt year would have done him wonders, but he can really make himself some money with a solid season because his ceiling is much higher than what we’ve seen.

Agree completely. They have very comparable games, actually. Bamba plays with more attitude and power, which doesn’t seem to be Kyle’s mindset. Not sure that tiger will change its stripes. Having only played basketball for a short time, Kyle is just further behind than some of his contemporaries. If he had been playing ball all his life, he may have been a serious high-major player coming out of HS. A redshirt year would have done him wonders, but he can really make himself some money with a solid season because his ceiling is much higher than what we’ve seen.

I’ve thought 100 times about that redshirt year, that would’ve been such a blessing for him if we could have afforded to give him that.

If he can find that little mean streak or just be a bit more aggressive on both ends it will really resonate with scouts. All the minutes he can handle are there, he can go out and get 30mpg 10ppg 10rpg 3bpg, it’s just up to him to get there, he does that and he’s going 1st round.

J-Rich with another 20 pt game. That’s 3 out of 4 games over 20 pts this season.

Fighting for the Most Improved Player award

J-Rich with another 20 pt game. That’s 3 out of 4 games over 20 pts this season.

Fighting for the Most Improved Player award
He's doing really well in the league overall. I don't think it's going to be a shock for him to get 20-30 any given night. Very proud of JRich. He's a great and well-rounded basketball player, and seems like a stand-up guy. I'd say it's hard to not like him unless you hate the Vols or Miami. Props to him for pushing himself hard here and Miami.

Don't know if it's already been posted, but Grant is on the Karl Malone Award list in addition to Admiral on the Dr. J.

VN Store

Back