The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It won’t change South Carolina’s post-seasons chances that much this year, IMO. But, it is certainly one heck of a way for the new coach to start his tenure and could help jump start the rebuild a bit.

I just don't understand the appeal of going to SC over UNC. Not in men's hoops anyway.

If it really is all about relationships (and maybe NIL), then kudos to the kid for putting that above just playing for a blue blood.

He always wanted to go to SC, when they fired Frank Martin it opened the door for UNC, he committed there but then reclass became an option, UNC doesn’t have a spot, SC did and they had built a relationship with him.
He is eligible for the 2023 draft too so he can leave after this year. Only eligible by 14 days lol

I just don't understand the appeal of going to SC over UNC. Not in men's hoops anyway.

If it really is all about relationships (and maybe NIL), then kudos to the kid for putting that above just playing for a blue blood.

It’s not just NIL. He wants to reclassify and UNC doesn’t have a spot. He wants to go to the draft in 2023, so I guess he is willing to play for a bottom of the league team if it means he is able to get to the NBA a year quicker.

This SC’s version of an Anthony Edwards at Georgia season?

Somewhat. GG is nowhere near the player Edwards was though, and UGA at least had Wheeler to compliment Edwards.

It seems to be a bad business decision, but I assume he's always wanted to be a Cock if he's flipping from UNC, and almost committed under Frank Martin.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Somewhat. GG is nowhere near the player Edwards was though, and UGA at least had Wheeler to compliment Edwards.

It seems to be a bad business decision, but I assume he's always wanted to be a Cock if he's flipping from UNC, and almost committed under Frank Martin.

In his eyes, it’s a good business decision, because GG is only doing this to get to the league faster. I don’t think he cares much about winning in his one-year in the SEC.

In his eyes, it’s a good business decision, because GG is only doing this to get to the league faster. I don’t think he cares much about winning in his one-year in the SEC.

Why not just take the G-League route if all he’s worried about is getting to the NBA faster?

One year at UNC will likely lead to a better draft position than SC. He plays off ball. If you don't have anybody who can consistently get him the ball to show his skill-set - he's going to drop. If the issue is with UNC not having room for this upcoming season, then he should look for a better situation than SC. Going to SC is not a business decision.

One year at UNC will likely lead to a better draft position than SC. He plays off ball. If you don't have anybody who can consistently get him the ball to show his skill-set - he's going to drop. If the issue is with UNC not having room for this upcoming season, then he should look for a better situation than SC. Going to SC is not a business decision.
In watching NC in the tourney, their 2 ball handling guards appeared to be heavy shoot first types? Might be hard for a wing type to get the ball passed his way much on that roster?

In watching NC in the tourney, their 2 ball handling guards appeared to be heavy shoot first types? Might be hard for a wing type to get the ball passed his way much on that roster?

Love and Davis both averaged nearly 4 assists a game. If nothing else, defenders having to respect all 5 players on the team opens up a lot as well. That's not going to be there at SC.

VN Store

Back