The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

You think the 2 year medical is even a possibility. Be nice to have a 7 ft 4 in there feeding Burns for 4 years.

Maybe the strategy is to go ahead and take an actual redshirt this year instead of assuming he's going to be granted the waiver for his 13 minutes of participation last year. I don't know if his current injury is the same one as what he had last year. I think that a two year waiver must be for the same issue.

I'd guess they're just not going to play him unless he's 100%. They still have various options since he's not seen the court this year. We're at about the halfway point, so the rule about playing in the first half only in order for a medical hardship waiver to be granted is about to come into play if he gets a single minute in another game or two (what are we? 12-1?). I don't know if the first half of the season rule applies to just the regular season or if it includes post season in the total. 31 regular season games iirc, so the rule might become a consideration with the 16th game.

Maybe the strategy is to go ahead and take an actual redshirt this year instead of assuming he's going to be granted the waiver for his 13 minutes of participation last year. I don't know if his current injury is the same one as what he had last year. I think that a two year waiver must be for the same issue.

I'd guess they're just not going to play him unless he's 100%. They still have various options since he's not seen the court this year. We're at about the halfway point, so the rule about playing in the first half only in order for a medical hardship waiver to be granted is about to come into play if he gets a single minute in another game or two (what are we? 12-1?). I don't know if the first half of the season rule applies to just the regular season or if it includes post season in the total. 31 regular season games iirc, so the rule might become a consideration with the 16th game.
I choose to believe that Barnes is just keeping him as an unknown and he'll just slide in as Kyle's replacement. There's no need to play him this year. Just let him get healthy. And for the love of God put some weight on the kid!

This is the first time I’ve watched Arkansas this year. Maybe they’re having an off night, but they are dreadful. UF is marginally better

Well I’d rather Florida not lose this, I think. Don’t need them to have any extra motivation this weekend

VN Store

Back