The Oakland A's- MLB's ACTUAL AAA team

I saw that a few minutes ago. I hope they get the Howard Terminal done. That is a great location.
I think it’s just an intimidation tactic. Could almost say extortion. But Oakland doesn’t seem to be in any rush, and we’ve already seen what the Warriors and Raiders did. Oakland could stall more and intimidation becomes reality. Passan mentioned Vegas, but I think Portland or Sacramento

Reactions: Volfan1000

Nashville and Charlotte have been vying for the expansion spot in the east for a few years. Portland was long the front runner in the west. Vegas is coming into play because the NFL finally but the bullet and moved there. The A’s have been looking into Sacramento for years too. This is mostly an attempt to make sure the city of Oakland votes on the Howard Terminal proposed location by July.
Tampa seems committed to a dual location setup with Tampa and Montreal.

Its sad to see another team leaving Oakland, but you have to lay most blame on the city. They have the absolute worst stadium that I’ve ever stepped foot in and appears no willingness to upgrade to a new one from the city.

Its sad to see another team leaving Oakland, but you have to lay most blame on the city. They have the absolute worst stadium that I’ve ever stepped foot in and appears no willingness to upgrade to a new one from the city.

You don't like stadiums that have sewage leaks at least once a year? The only redeeming qualities are proximity to a Bart station and the drummers in the outfield. Mt. Davis is an atrocity.

Though the hot dogs, people watching and the music on the walk from Bart to the stadium are great.

Reactions: SDV
You don't like stadiums that have sewage leaks at least once a year? The only redeeming qualities are proximity to a Bart station and the drummers in the outfield. Mt. Davis is an atrocity.

Though the hot dogs, people watching and the music on the walk from Bart to the stadium are great.

The people watching is great. I didn’t have the hot dog but the pretzel I bought was amazing

Reactions: NorCalVol67
The city at least feigned the importance of keeping the A’s after losing the Raiders and the Warriors. They are hesitant now because the Howard Terminal site will cost the city considerably more than was originally expressed in the A’s sales pitch. There were environmental concerns as well with the site, but it seems to have been at least mostly squashed.

So in the meantime, you get environmental concerns in the dugouts from time to time

Crucial vote today by the Oakland City Council. Thumbs up, still a chance at the waterfront stadium. Thumbs down, A's are gone.

They passed a non binding draft sheet that was not even what the A’s were looking for. Basically, they pissed off the A’s.

It is a no brainer location. I hope it gets done, but I am doubtful.
I read the team’s comments and they did seem pissed. My bet is they go to Vegas

The state allotted $280 mil to Howard Terminal “improvements” that aren’t truly earmarked for anything. A lot of heavy speculation it’s to fund the city side of the stadium

VN Store

Back