The Oakland A's- MLB's ACTUAL AAA team

Went to the game last night. First time for me at the stadium. Hands down, the worst stadium I’ve ever been to in my lifetime. No wonder the Raiders are leaving

Went to the game last night. First time for me at the stadium. Hands down, the worst stadium I’ve ever been to in my lifetime. No wonder the Raiders are leaving

It's why Manfred, Kaval, and the A's are a bit pissed about the resistance of Oakland.

Any chance the A’s leave too?

Does that area sufficiently support two baseball teams?

I have no idea. They played the Giants last night and there were plenty of Giants fans there but majority were A’s. They have coexisted this long so don’t know why they won’t for a long time to come but they definitely need a new stadium

I have no idea. They played the Giants last night and there were plenty of Giants fans there but majority were A’s. They have coexisted this long so don’t know why they won’t for a long time to come but they definitely need a new stadium

Their only viable bay area market got stomped down by the MLB in San Jose. Oakland's decline destroyed the economy in Oakland. They should move to a place like Portland.

Kaval has done almost everything he could do to make it an easy deal for the City of Oakland. They offered to privately finance a new stadium and pay off the city's remaining debt for the A's to own that whole lot.

Believe Oakland has a plan in place for a new stadium. Just trying to get it approve

Burger isn’t wrong, but his info is quite outdated.

With the Raiders and Warriors both leaving, Oakland (the city) has doubled down in ensuring the A’s stay. There’s three options on the table, but look for the Oracle to get torn down and a new stadium built next to the Coliseum.

Burger isn’t wrong, but his info is quite outdated.

With the Raiders and Warriors both leaving, Oakland (the city) has doubled down in ensuring the A’s stay. There’s three options on the table, but look for the Oracle to get torn down and a new stadium built next to the Coliseum.

It's looking like the city will sell the property to the A's?

A's just acquired Jeryus Familia from the Mets.

It's looking like the city will sell the property to the A's?

A's just acquired Jeryus Familia from the Mets.

Everything I’ve read says privately funded stadium. Not sure how the tract of land would work. The Terminal location will require too much work. The college location would upset too many people and the other spot (I forget where) would’ve taken way too much work in traffic flow and public transit to work. Everything they need and want (except optimal views) are at the current location. I expect a deal to be finalized to build there before winter meetings start.

The Familia trade is baffling. They got him for pennies in the dollar, but he’s not needed. Hope it’s part of a bigger deal in the coming weeks, but I don’t trust Beane anymore. Forst is just his puppet.

Everything I’ve read says privately funded stadium. Not sure how the tract of land would work. The Terminal location will require too much work. The college location would upset too many people and the other spot (I forget where) would’ve taken way too much work in traffic flow and public transit to work. Everything they need and want (except optimal views) are at the current location. I expect a deal to be finalized to build there before winter meetings start.

The Familia trade is baffling. They got him for pennies in the dollar, but he’s not needed. Hope it’s part of a bigger deal in the coming weeks, but I don’t trust Beane anymore. Forst is just his puppet.

I like the Familia trade because the starting pitching market is very bare. If a WC game happens, a starter can go three and we can dig into the bullpen.

The only problem with the current site is that it doesn't have much else but the stadium. I know the A's want to help build a Coliseum City. Lew Wolfe being a property developer helps.
The people at the college voted it down for some reason despite the A's willingness to clean up the toxic land.
I know Manfred said he wanted a site decision ASAP.

Last edited:
I like the Familia trade because the starting pitching market is very bare. If a WC game happens, a starter can go three and we can dig into the bullpen.

The only problem with the current site is that it doesn't have much else but the stadium. I know the A's want to help build a Coliseum City. Lew Wolfe being a property developer helps.
The people at the college voted it down for some reason despite the A's willingness to clean up the toxic land.
I know Manfred said he wanted a site decision ASAP.

I’ve always understood building a commercial area there has always been feasible and possible, just never done. The A’s set attendance records Friday night against San Fran and even opened up Mt Davis last night to smash Friday’s record. The fans show up WHEN there is incentive and marketing too.

I’ve always understood building a commercial area there has always been feasible and possible, just never done. The A’s set attendance records Friday night against San Fran and even opened up Mt Davis last night to smash Friday’s record. The fans show up WHEN there is incentive and marketing too.

Last night's game had the highest daily attendance in the MLB. It's a very good look for Oakland.

Just my opinion but I think the fans in Oakland will show up if they get a nice Stadium and the A's put together a team that can compete

Another 44k+ today.

The Giants are a big part of the numbers, but a new stadium and throwing money to keep players will bring fans to the park in Oaktown

If they can keep Davis, Chapman, Olson, Pinder and convince Piscotty, this team could be good.

Another 44k+ today.

The Giants are a big part of the numbers, but a new stadium and throwing money to keep players will bring fans to the park in Oaktown

If they can keep Davis, Chapman, Olson, Pinder and convince Piscotty, this team could be good.

I know Davis, Lucroy, and Lowrie are the main guys who could be FA in the next year.

I know Davis, Lucroy, and Lowrie are the main guys who could be FA in the next year.

I’d love to keep Lowrie more than anyone, I just don’t see it happening. They REALLY want Barreto to pan out, but he’s extremely erratic, doesn’t work pitch counts and it’s going on around two years with no major improvements. Mateo will be called up soon as well. Not sure what that means for Marcus Semien.

I’d love to keep Lowrie more than anyone, I just don’t see it happening. They REALLY want Barreto to pan out, but he’s extremely erratic, doesn’t work pitch counts and it’s going on around two years with no major improvements. Mateo will be called up soon as well. Not sure what that means for Marcus Semien.

I know Lowrie wants to stay in Oakland. They want Barreto to pan out because the Donaldson trade won't be a complete flop. Good news is that he's still 22 years old. I don't know about Mateo; he's struggling in AAA. If one of Mateo, Richie Martin, or Neuse are able to pick up short stop, Semien is trade bait.

I know Lowrie wants to stay in Oakland. They want Barreto to pan out because the Donaldson trade won't be a complete flop. Good news is that he's still 22 years old. I don't know about Mateo; he's struggling in AAA. If one of Mateo, Richie Martin, or Neuse are able to pick up short stop, Semien is trade bait.

That’s the craziest thing. Despite ALL the shortcomings, players love playing for the A’s. Despite the spins of Moneyball, even David Justice enjoyed it. Frank Thomas loved Oakland, Piazza did, Kendall did, Cespy ticks off Mets fans because he speaks so fondly of Oakland

Last edited:
That’s the craziest thing. Despite ALL the shortcomings, players love playing for the A’s. Despite the spins of Moneyball, even David Justice enjoyed it. Frank Thomas loved Oakland, Piazza did, Kendall did, Cespy ticks off Mets fans because he speaks so fondly of Oakland

The only one that didn't that I can recall is Matt Holliday. We're going to see if the new regime wants to resign them.

The only one that didn't that I can recall is Matt Holliday. We're going to see if the new regime wants to resign them.

And outside of Cespy perhaps no one loved Oaktown more than Coco. Shouldn’t have forgotten him earlier. He went back to Cleveland into a pennant race and regularly spoke about how much he loved the organization

VN Store

Back