The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

Not shocked that the great Avalanche defeated the Kings 4-1.

I didn’t see my Flames at home defeating the high scoring Panthers 5-1.
The Flames always lead, and they scored a variety of ways. The Flames offense was the onslaught offense in this game.

The Kraken now hold 34 picks in the next three entry drafts.
Holy cow.

I remember reading an article a few months ago in The Score about Seattle, the jist of which was "What's wrong with the Kraken?" I was like "Uh, they're an expansion team?" lol. The success Vegas has had right out of the box really skewed expectations.

Holy cow.

I remember reading an article a few months ago in The Score about Seattle, the jist of which was "What's wrong with the Kraken?" I was like "Uh, they're an expansion team?" lol. The success Vegas has had right out of the box really skewed expectations.
Vegas was given a very favorable expansion draft, and to an extent so was Seattle. The difference was that teams were more prepared this time.

I didn't expect them to replicate Vegas' success, but I thought they'd be better than they are. Especially with the goalies they got.

Vegas was given a very favorable expansion draft, and to an extent so was Seattle. The difference was that teams were more prepared this time.

I didn't expect them to replicate Vegas' success, but I thought they'd be better than they are. Especially with the goalies they got.
Didn't Seattle get the same expansion draft setup Vegas got (except one team, Vegas, was excluded)? Even if you're able to pick a bunch of good players, it still seems exceedingly difficult to be as good as Vegas was right out of the box, or even be a playoff contender. Those players have never played together before, totally new coaching staff/front office, etc. It seems like any expansion team should be pretty bad initially, even if on paper they have good players.

I remember before Vegas's first season thinking they had a chance to make the playoffs, but if they made it I certainly didn't expect them to make noise in the playoffs, much less continue that for the next few years.

Didn't Seattle get the same expansion draft setup Vegas got (except one team, Vegas, was excluded)? Even if you're able to pick a bunch of good players, it still seems exceedingly difficult to be as good as Vegas was right out of the box, or even be a playoff contender. Those players have never played together before, totally new coaching staff/front office, etc. It seems like any expansion team should be pretty bad initially, even if on paper they have good players.

I remember before Vegas's first season thinking they had a chance to make the playoffs, but if they made it I certainly didn't expect them to make noise in the playoffs, much less continue that for the next few years.
They got pretty lucky. They also got on of the greatest goalies of all time.

Here's a good article explaining it

Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft: NHL GMs Learned From Vegas

Alex Ovechkin is so good. I saw Gretzky play his whole career and Ovi is better all around. Best complete player in the history of the game.

On account of being very busy this year I didn't get to see much in the way of the NHL, but I do have tickets for the Caps/Panthers game Monday night.

Game 1 of Edmonton and Colorado had 14 goals scored. Sign me up for a 7 game series of must watch tv.

Reactions: Toujours Pret

VN Store

Back