The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

Apparently that Duncan Keith trade isn't a joke. Wow Chicago fleeced Edmonton
lol no money retained by Chicago. What a stupid deal.

It's amazing how incompetently some organizations are run. Their defense has been bad for a long time and hasn't been addressed, then when they decide they want to address it they acquire a 38-year-old defenseman 5 years past his prime with a horrible contract, and they couldn't convince his old club to retain any of the money.

They are probably desperate for some veteran leadership too, especially on D, but Keith hasn't been a productive player in multiple seasons.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
He may be a serviceable player for his age, but $5.5m for 2 more years for a guy in the verge of totally losing his legs is just asinine. But really, other than losing enough to get 2 of the top 5 players in the league Edmonton has done a lot that's asinine over the years.

Here are their 1st round picks from 2010 until 2015. The amazing thing is that out of those 6 picks, only one (Yakupov) has been a bust. It isn't like they have drafted poorly with that first pick.

Taylor Hall (1st overall)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (1st overall)
Nail Yakupov (1st overall)
Darnell Nurse
Leon Draisaitl
Connor McDavid (1st overall)

Hall turned into a great player, although his very best years were with another team after they traded him. RNH's career is only disappointing in relation to the fact that he was taken 1st overall; he's had a solid career as a two-way player. Nurse is a solid defenseman. Draisaitl and McDavid are both superstars, with McDavid being more or less the undisputed best player in the league. It's just amazing that they've had so many early picks, and almost all of those picks have worked out, but they still aren't a good team.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I recently located an hour and a half or so outside of Montreal. Was pretty fun to see the hockey passion up here during their run

I recently located an hour and a half or so outside of Montreal. Was pretty fun to see the hockey passion up here during their run
Remember visiting Montreal as a kid back in the early 70’s, turned on the TV, kept changing the channel to find something to watch. Only choices were hockey in English or hockey in French, nothing else.

Best take I've read

That Buffalo was able to land those assets for a player of his calibre is remarkable and shows some GMs still have blinders to height, ice-time and draft pedigree – regardless of how a player actually performs.

Anyone watching the draft this weekend? I recently relocated about just a little south of Montreal. Hockey crazy up here.

Anyone watching the draft this weekend? I recently relocated about just a little south of Montreal. Hockey crazy up here.
I was talking to a friend from Toronto today about Montreal losing in the Stanley Cup. I said I bet you all were hoping that a team from Canada would finally win it again.
I couldn’t have been more wrong. Toronto and Montreal fans don’t care for each other at all.

Reactions: C/O

VN Store

Back