The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

Supposedly there's a small group of owners who don't want to play the season. Hopefully not enough to actually stall it but in typical NHL fashion it'll be ugly and contentious before they get started.

In fairness to PL Dubois, I wouldn't want to commit to living in Columbus any longer than I needed to either. He's going to make some fanbase happy when they eventually ship him out.

We starting to see with CBJ what always seems to happen with Torts-coached teams?

It seems like Tortorella is really good at taking an underachieving/unsuccessful team and getting them to play better, but once the team becomes successful they stop responding to him and team cohesion eventually comes apart. That pattern has repeated at every place he's been except Vancouver, where they were just bad from the jump.

We starting to see with CBJ what always seems to happen with Torts-coached teams?

It seems like Tortorella is really good at taking an underachieving/unsuccessful team and getting them to play better, but once the team becomes successful they stop responding to him and team cohesion eventually comes apart. That pattern has repeated at every place he's been except Vancouver, where they were just bad from the jump.

I think they're about where they belong in the standings, all things considered. Can't expect a team with Roslovic and Jenner serving as 1C's to be lighting it up.

What I came to post was that one goal games may get the Rangers into a pretty good lottery position again, I'd rather win but there's some solid options at C in this coming group. Not gamebreakers per se but guys who may make a high end #2. Kravstov has been on the wing in the KHL and playing fairly well for a middling club, don't know if he'll end up as a center over here or not.

Results have been piss poor but this team will be a legit contender by 2023.

Panarin taking a LOA after the political hatchet job from Russian media. He spoke out vs Putin and now they're out to get him.

Can't believe he was ejected for this

Tough spot...the hit itself is totally fine but they were at that distance away from the boards where boarding typically gets called.

It's gotta be at an absolute minimum a minor for boarding, or a double minor. A major + game misconduct seems harsh.

Anybody else noticed that since they said they were getting the NHL contract back, ESPN.com has all their NHL information accessible again on the home page without having to hover over the "..."? "NHL" has a link that appears by itself just like the NFL or MLB. lol

VN Store

Back