The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

Picked this up at a silent auction for 100 bones. The sweater alone costs 150, let alone with a hall of fame autograph.

Now that I've got Eddie and Richter autographed sweaters I may as well try and get Vanbiesbruck and Hank.

Attachments

• 0324190828b_HDR.jpg
    0324190828b_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 0324190828a_HDR.jpg
    0324190828a_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: YankeeVol
I don't know wth is up with the Lightning. Game 1 opening period produced 3 goals. Only 1 in the following 5 periods.

I don't know wth is up with the Lightning. Game 1 opening period produced 3 goals. Only 1 in the following 5 periods.
I'm not going to say they bought into their hype, but they have a bit of Tyson/Douglas in that they aren't dealing with Columbus punching off the ropes.

Torts is great at creating that "team of rivals", where all their stars have their own agenda on 7/1, but they're clicking now.

All in all I still call this a pick em despite the 2-0.

Did Tampa Bay forget how to play hockey?
Only logical explanation for this is that they went on total autopilot once the playoffs started, or have been coasting for a while (had such a big lead) and it is catching up with them now. And the funny thing is that the series started out promising and as expected - they had a 3-0 lead at one point in Game 1.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
How about the number of stars that aren't in the playoffs...McDavid didn't make it to begin with (and presumably wouldn't have played if he did due to injury), Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Crosby, Malkin...

I wonder if mcdavid will start asking for a way out if things don't improve by next years trade deadline
I think there'd be something wrong with him if he didn't. He's said repeatedly that he wouldn't have signed that long-term deal with Edmonton if he didn't want to stay, but then again as good as he is that contract is still movable. This was McDavid's 4th year in Edmonton. I'd say he's given them enough time to surround him with a supporting cast.

He has a no-trade clause that kicks in beginning in 2022. It could be wise to move him before that; you'll maximize your return that way because you could trade him anywhere.

Edmonton's problem for I guess about the last decade has been drafting/developing or otherwise acquiring good defensemen. Who was their best defenseman this year...Klefbom? They actually do have some other guys offensively so not 100% of the offense has to flow through McDavid, but they can't stop anybody from scoring.

Well that was fun. Said no Lightning fan....

Bolts were simply outplayed after the 1st period of game 1 and showed very few instances of playoff intensity.

VN Store

Back