The next big bubble... student loans???

Student loan debt is no different that mortgage debt, if you want to get paid back you only loan to people that will be able to pay you back. The problem with student loan debt is that it's unsecured and although it can't be forgiven in bankruptcy court, people have to have income to repay it.

They shouldn't loan money to people that pursue worthless degrees. Any Bachelor of Arts degree should be instantly regarded as not worthy of a loan or a very small one. Business degrees, engineering degrees, medical degrees that are worth something in the market place and should qualify.

Disagree or not but, these diploma mills and useless degrees don't deserve a loan that most likely can never get paid back.
elementary and secondary education degrees are generally B. A. s. We need teachers

I wonder what the prof would think of some color blind kid saying it was all gray anyway.
I’d love to give an answer to that philosophy class going into emissivity and reflectivity of incident electromagnetic radiation on various surfaces but I’d guess I’d get a “but why does the deflected light have to be green? And what does green really mean anyway” answer 🙄

Watch Tennessee Promise, the schools will find another revenue stream from you after about 2 years. They did it with the Lottery, within 3 years my out of pocket was higher with the Lottery than it was before, and that was with the scam qualifications that bait and switched students into school.

One thing I have noticed is to know where you want to complete your degree and choose your CC on credit hours transferring to that school. With Vol State the only CC campus local to Cookeville, you are fine transferring to Tech or MTSU, but you still have to classify your course work to be able to transfer those hours. You can't just go take any courses and get full transfer. If you don't plan from day 1, you could still end up going 3 years to finish the two. My son did 2 College freshman ENG classes in dual enrollment last year thru Vol State, and we made sure both were the same English classes he'd take at Tech, and would transfer. He's backing off this year, but already has 2 of 3 English out of the way. Or maybe there was just the 2. And my wife used to work at Tech, and has basically 3 years to get back on over there and he will get half off on those 2 years as well as any academic funds if he qualifies. So far, we've only paid for books. The two classes will deduct from future HOPE money.

I’d love to give an answer to that philosophy class going into emissivity and reflectivity of incident electromagnetic radiation on various surfaces but I’d guess I’d get a “but why does the deflected light have to be green? And what does green really mean anyway” answer 🙄
Yeah. Basically they make it a philosophical question because they cant be bothered to learn facts.

One thing I have noticed is to know where you want to complete your degree and choose your CC on credit hours transferring to that school. With Vol State the only CC campus local to Cookeville, you are fine transferring to Tech or MTSU, but you still have to classify your course work to be able to transfer those hours. You can't just go take any courses and get full transfer. If you don't plan from day 1, you could still end up going 3 years to finish the two. My son did 2 College freshman ENG classes in dual enrollment last year thru Vol State, and we made sure both were the same English classes he'd take at Tech, and would transfer. He's backing off this year, but already has 2 of 3 English out of the way. Or maybe there was just the 2. And my wife used to work at Tech, and has basically 3 years to get back on over there and he will get half off on those 2 years as well as any academic funds if he qualifies. So far, we've only paid for books. The two classes will deduct from future HOPE money.
Congratulations on having a financial plan/roadmap in place.

Congratulations on having a financial plan/roadmap in place.

Don't have a choice. Too many layoffs in Mfg. to have a cushion put back for his college or my retirement. Lost everything the last 10 years except for what I have now. We have to find the cheapest way out, and him starting in CC first is the path right now.

VN Store

Back