The new Dallas Cowboys Stadium will offer $90 pizzas

SavageOrangeJug

Absolutely ridiculous!

By Chris Chase
The colossal new Dallas Cowboys Stadium is living proof that everything is bigger in Texas. The menu in the luxury suites proves that things there are more expensive too.

Those enjoying a Cowboys game from a luxury suite at the new stadium will have to shell out $90 for pizza and $66 for a 12-pack of domestic beer, reports Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal World. Ninety bucks for pizza? That's almost as much of a rip-off as Roy Williams.

It costs $800,000 per year to lease one of those luxury suites, a hefty sum that doesn't include game tickets. On the bright side, the stadium's official Web site says that "having your company's name on a suite makes an important statement about your success" and can help make an impression on clients. (Namely that they're paying you way too much money.)

As for the $90 pizza, that's the cost for a plain pizza. No word on how much each topping costs but, suffice it to say, if you're a fan of pepperoni you may want to consider refinancing your mortgage before you head down to watch the Cowboys.

SOURCE: Shutdown Corner

Wow. If I go there, that better be the best damn pizza i've ever had!

That's a ridiculous price

Hey, it could be worse. Friend of mine paid something like $75 for a six-pack of beer at a strip club in NYC last year.

If I never go to Texas again, it'll be too soon.

I heard on ESPN about having 35,000 in a standing room only area. For 45 dollars I beleive it was.

Whoever signs up for one of those suites is an idiot. I don't care how much money they have.

Jerry will discover that he has priced out the majority of his fan base soon enough. Those that can afford to sit in the luxary boxes will be looking down on dozens of fans that arrived in a Kia and are splitting a medium Dr. Pepper amongst themselves.

Not that exorbitant when you reach in your pocket at any sporting event these days and realize you just shelled out 10% of that for one cold slice and a watered down pepsi.

Not that exorbitant when you reach in your pocket at any sporting event these days and realize you just shelled out 10% of that for one cold slice and a watered down pepsi.
Hmm... good point. The most I paid for a pizza slice is like $8. I suppose a large pizza has about 10 slices... 10 X $8 = $80...

Not to mention you probably pay $6-$7 for a cup of warm p*ss beer... it starts to add up pretty quickly.

The ingrediants had better be hand picked by Obama, cooked by the Queen and served to me by the pope to make me pay $90 for a pizza

Pizza seems high but $66 for 12 beers really is not outrageous at a pro sporting event. $5.50 a piece.

Pretty funny all these punts are banging into the 40 million dollar scoreboard.

yeah seriously; wonder which architect blew that one

Jerry Jones is blaming the punter.

Hell, I never knew Jerry Jones punted in the NFL.

Jerry Jones wasn't happy with the kick, not so much because he felt that somebody on his engineering team screwed up by placing the video boards too low, but because he seems to think that Trapasso was trying to hit the board on purpose. When asked whether he thought the scoreboard should be raised higher, Jones snapped:

"That's not the point. How high is high if somebody just wants to sit there and kick straight up?

"If you look at how you punt the football, unless you're trying to hit the scoreboard, you punt the ball to get downfield. You certainly want to get some hangtime, but you punt the ball to get downfield, and you sure don't punt the ball down the middle. You punt it off to the side."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Punt-hits-video-screen-at-new-Cowboys-Stadium?urn=nfl,184487

I trust what Craig Hentrich has to say over leather face.

"I hit it probably a dozen times in pregame," Hentrich said. "Probably somewhere around a five-second punt is going to hit it and some of the guys in the league wouldn't be able to punt here if it's not raised, they'd just be non-stop hitting it. I don't know what the people were thinking. I guess they should have tested things out before they put that thing in place. It'll have to be raised."

Jerry said he would not raise it but I would like for him to tell Roger Goodell that.

I trust what Craig Hentrich has to say over leather face.

Jerry said he would not raise it but I would like for him to tell Roger Goodell that.

They will have to raise it. Jones has an over-inflated notion of just how powerful he really is.

They will have to raise it. Jones has an over-inflated notion of just how powerful he really is.

He's probably just stressed out. He builds a 1.2 billion dollar stadium then the economy goes in the toilet. He is probably wondering how he is going to sell $800,000 suites and $90 pizzas to pay for the place.

Jerry Jones is blaming the punter.

Hell, I never knew Jerry Jones punted in the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Punt-hits-video-screen-at-new-Cowboys-Stadium?urn=nfl,184487

yeah, saw all that. pretty much saying everything that amounts too either "i dont want to move it" or "i dont want to pay how much it will actually take to move it". Like how one of the espn bloggers put it of how Jones said it should be no big deal and apparently compared it to just being a windmill on a puttputt course...

Course probably another reason he's fine is that his punter knows apparently how to never hit it, which is advantage his team

VN Store

Back