The new bammer talk about Coach Pruitt

Saban will Coach until he breaks Bryant's NC record at Alabama. He needs 2 more. He's that much of an ego maniac. Once he wins those last 2 he will probably retire.He has a fallback in his grandkids now.
I think this also except he may wanna win enough to leave no doubt at all he's better than the Bear. He may wanna win 3 or 4 more than Bear if he can. I hope I'm wrong and next season is his last tho.

If I were Pruitt and had rebuilt UT, I would not follow Saban. AL fans expect to much. If he tried to stay at UT to long, he would eventually have a few bad years and we would fire him. Jimbo know how it works. Move on to a bigger contract where expectations are lower.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Being a Saban disciple definitely helped, as did hard work and Pruitts ability to sell.

Pruitt may well be their next coach. If Nick retires as we hit an 11 game season, Pruitt could jump back to his Alma Mater to continue guiding the already built dynasty.

If Saban retires after we haul in a couple top recruiting classes and play for an SEC title a year or 2 then it’s less likely Pruitt leaves.
LOL!!!! Y'all get real. Swinney's the next coach at Bammer. Y'al acting like we won a natty with a #12 recruiting ranking.
I'll believe UT is back when I see it on the field.

I thought they wanted Clemson's coach since he has been beating their highly recruited teams every other year. Is anyone from Bama ever happy. Does trailer living and cousin kissing bring that much grief.

Exactly. Dabo is far more accomplished as a head coach than Pruitt. Why would he not be their top choice? Just more BVS and honestly, Dabo would be nuts to pull up and return to bama. He's got it going at clemson. Much easier league to win in. He's built a great program. It's HIS program. He's not following in anyones footsteps. If Pruitt has great success here and has all he wants and needs, I don't think it will be so easy to pull him. I said it in another post...you don't want to be the guy who follows the legend. Be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. By that time, Pruitt probably will be nearing that 10 year point at UT or at least I hope he is, and it might be time for a change. Not going to worry about Pruitt jumping any time soon. Silly to be discussing it.

If CJP is successful here, and considering his unquestioned love for his home state and the Red Algae Bloom, we better be ready to hire a serious big-time coach when the time comes. Might not be a bad idea to start socking away money for just that now. Just to avoid another prolonged misfiring hiring process. We dayum well better have a Schiltz Beer attitude for that day when it comes.

iu

A question and an observation:

Question: for those of us who spend most of our days actually workin and not surfing the web and listening to sports radio or watching Finebaum, what exactly prompted this thread? Some random bammer's comment on bammer fan board? Did Finebaum say something? Did Saban anoint his successor? SMH.

Observation: When I was a teen in the 70s and filling up the beer cooler at my neighborhood convenience store after school, Schlitz was the No. 2 beer -- behind Bud, slightly ahead of Pabst, with Miller rapidly rising . Can you even find a Schlitz anymore?

Reactions: onevol74
A question and an observation:

Question: for those of us who spend most of our days actually workin and not surfing the web and listening to sports radio or watching Finebaum, what exactly prompted this thread? Some random bammer's comment on bammer fan board? Did Finebaum say something? Did Saban anoint his successor? SMH.

Observation: When I was a teen in the 70s and filling up the beer cooler at my neighborhood convenience store after school, Schlitz was the No. 2 beer -- behind Bud, slightly ahead of Pabst, with Miller rapidly rising . Can you even find a Schlitz anymore?

1. It was some VN'er comment, though probably from a Bama source. I'm sure if you were serious about wanting to know you could backtrack the thread and find the VN'er source.

2. That was your beer experience which is irrelevant to my post. My post use of the graphic I employed was obviously stating that if we have to go after a post-CJP coach, the UT is best served with an attitude of seeking a proven quality coach. As opposed to time-wasting, haphazard and wishy-washy approaches we've used in our not too long ago searches. Sadly, for some people, the obvious isn't obvious. Hopefully, I've answered your snide, pretending to know nothing request.

Oh, for the record Schlitz beer is more regional now than it once was but yes, it can still be found. You can find it too if you really want to. As is often said, GOOGLE is your friend, though I'm partial to duckduckgo. Anything else I can help you with?

I just love my snide VN toys.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckinVol
On behalf of all Alabama fans, we really haven't decided yet who we want next. We have a lot more to accomplish with coach Saban. In the middle of a dynasty is not where you stop and count your money. Deal the cards.

Exactly. Dabo is far more accomplished as a head coach than Pruitt. Why would he not be their top choice? Just more BVS and honestly, Dabo would be nuts to pull up and return to bama. He's got it going at clemson. Much easier league to win in. He's built a great program. It's HIS program. He's not following in anyones footsteps. If Pruitt has great success here and has all he wants and needs, I don't think it will be so easy to pull him. I said it in another post...you don't want to be the guy who follows the legend. Be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. By that time, Pruitt probably will be nearing that 10 year point at UT or at least I hope he is, and it might be time for a change. Not going to worry about Pruitt jumping any time soon. Silly to be discussing it.

Dabo will be their top choice, but Dabo already has Clemson running and he built that. He isn’t going anywhere.

I'll make the point again:
Posting something semi-literate and wholly unattributed like the original post in this thread, without any reference or citation to where this alleged "bammer talk" is, is stupid.
Par for the course for this board though.

Last edited:
Dabo will be their top choice, but Dabo already has Clemson running and he built that. He isn’t going anywhere.
If Dabo leaves it’s for the NFL and a more relaxed work schedule. I think as long as Fulmer is AD that Pruitt will remain faithful to him because he believed in him enough to gamble on a rising coach with no HC experience. Just my 2 cents.

Pruitt might be a Bama HC one day but not anytime soon. If he leads UT to the SECCG a few times in the next 4-5 years then yeah he’s doing something right and MIGHT get consideration. Saban won’t coach forever. I really think if TN can upset Bama a couple times he might consider retiring....that day is coming....TN will be back and when they become a national power again nobody will want to face the Vols!!! GBO!!!!!

Slow down Vol fans, what has Pruitt accomplished at Tennessee so far, and yes I know it's early, but Pruitt has a long way to go to be the next Bama Head Coach, don't you think?
Go Vols

Reactions: vols4evah

VN Store

Back