The New 007 is Now a Woman

I've been watching James Bond movies since I was a child in the 60's. Now the woke culture thinks that James Bond needs to be a woman. Sorry, but that ain't happening for me.
Please!? No! This world really IS going to ish!

Reactions: AM64
Pete's a perv, and doesn't know which end is up. Read the Ian Fleming books. There's little doubt about Bond's skin and hair color. Don't remember which book, but he was told to stay out of sight for a while after returning from the Caribbean ... something about standing out in London because of the tan.
To be fair, Fleming wrote his original books in the 50’s and 60’s. Blacks probably had it worse in Europe at the time than they had it in the US and it shouldn’t be surprising to anybody that his protagonist is a dapper white guy.

There’s nothing wrong with a black Bond or even a female Bond.

To be fair, Fleming wrote his original books in the 50’s and 60’s. Blacks probably had it worse in Europe at the time than they had it in the US and it shouldn’t be surprising to anybody that his protagonist is a dapper white guy.

There’s nothing wrong with a black Bond or even a female Bond.
And there is nothing wrong with keeping him a white heterosexual male. No other gender or race makes it 'better'

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY and AM64
What would people think if Hollywood execs decided to go opposite of woke and thought “you know Black Panther doesn’t have to be a black guy right? I mean let’s bring on a white woman. How about Kristin Stewart? That would be a box office powerhouse .”

I’m sure everyone would be on board.

Reactions: AM64
What would people think if Hollywood execs decided to go opposite of woke and thought “you know Black Panther doesn’t have to be a black guy right? I mean let’s bring on a white woman. How about Kristin Stewart? That would be a box office powerhouse .”

I’m sure everyone would be on board.

Maybe a white guy to play Shaft.

The new Bond needs to have a brain disorder in order to be woke. He hates guns, women and only drinks Double decaffeinated half caf.

Make xi a liberal.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY and AM64
I was just barely old enough to drive when Diamonds are Forever was released. I watched it at a Drive-In when it came out. I may have missed the first part of the film, but I enjoyed it.

Some years later, I went to a theater to watch The Spy Who Loved Me, the first Bond movie I'd watched since Diamonds are Forever. The movie started and Bond was on skis and the bad guys from KAOS (or whoever) were chasing him. Then Bond heads for a cliff and you can see he can't stop. Off the cliff he goes. I got so mad I almost got up out of my seat to go demand my money back. I mean, I paid for a full length Bond movie and here Bond goes getting killed in the first 5 minutes. I had been had and I wasn't happy. Just before I could get up, Bond pulls the rip cord on his parachute. "SON!!" I said to myself as I sat back down and enjoyed the movie.

Pete's a perv, and doesn't know which end is up. Read the Ian Fleming books. There's little doubt about Bond's skin and hair color. Don't remember which book, but he was told to stay out of sight for a while after returning from the Caribbean ... something about standing out in London because of the tan.

007 is a man. Fleming's description said nothing about him having tatas. This is a no go for me on future bond films.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
It's too bad Helen Mirren is 74 years old. She was smoking hot in her youth. She could take over as M, though.

In Ian Fleming's James Bond novels and the derived films, the 00 Section of MI6 is considered the secret service's elite. A 00 (typically read "Double O" and denoted in Fleming's novels by the letters "OO" rather than the digits "00") is a field agent that holds a licence to kill in the field, at his or her discretion, to complete any mission. The novel Moonraker establishes that the section routinely has three agents concurrently; the film series, beginning with Thunderball, establishes the number of 00 agents at a minimum of 9, with the likelihood of more.

James Bond (the agent previously referred to as 007) isn't turning into a woman. The new 00 agent with the 007 designation will be a woman. It figures. I think it's lazy to do it like that. Just make up a new story. I won't lose any sleep over it though.

In Ian Fleming's James Bond novels and the derived films, the 00 Section of MI6 is considered the secret service's elite. A 00 (typically read "Double O" and denoted in Fleming's novels by the letters "OO" rather than the digits "00") is a field agent that holds a licence to kill in the field, at his or her discretion, to complete any mission. The novel Moonraker establishes that the section routinely has three agents concurrently; the film series, beginning with Thunderball, establishes the number of 00 agents at a minimum of 9, with the likelihood of more.

James Bond (the agent previously referred to as 007) isn't turning into a woman. The new 00 agent with the 007 designation will be a woman. It figures. I think it's lazy to do it like that. Just make up a new story. I won't lose any sleep over it though.

I'm sorta here on the issue. They aren't making a "Jane Bond" movie. James Bond is as much James Bond as he ever was and will in fact be appearing, as himself, in the movie. As you say 007 is no more an individual person than "head coach" of a team. It's whomever holds the title at the time.

I'm totally throwing this out there (apologies if I missed similar thoughts earlier in the thread) that this is a play to introduce another character they hope to spin off from the Bond canon. Assuming they aren't just going to entirely get rid of James Bond as a cinematic icon (a really unlikely scenario I would think) he could be brought back as 007 at any time or even as a character outside the government system.

The Living Daylights coming on TCM in about 2 minutes.

Wine with dinner tonight and vodka martinis for dessert.

VN Store

Back