The NBA Prospects Thread

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
IDK why we don't already have a running thread on this topic. Would be nice to look back at all our past excitement for eventual failures and how much we dogged dudes that turned out great.

I saw this tweet about Matas Buzelis just now and decided to make this thread. He legitimately looks like KD out there. The first step and the dribble moves are so nice for his size, and he has a pretty stroke.

I figure I'll throw in my thoughts from this most recent draft class

Assuming they all declare:

Banchero is probably who I take number 1. I doubt he'll bust and I think he's the most likely guy to be top dog on a contender. He can do some of everything and he's physically gifted. He's also been in the biggest moments of the 3 and he is clearly not afraid to be the guy.

Smith is probably the best shooter and athlete, and he has the highest floor. He's gonna be a great 2-way stretch 4. What he does inside the 3p line on offense doesn't impress me all that much. Might be due to Auburn's guards holding him back.

Holmgren is the potential unicorn of the group but he has the most bust potential. His stats are great. He can pass, shoot, show on screens, drop, rebound, etc. But his ability to hold up scares me. He gets a lot of blocks but college kids are not scared of him. They go right at him and I think that inflates his block stats. I know he'll put on weight but not sure it can be enough or that his body will hold up. His shoulders are so narrow.

These are all the 1st round names I've seen floating around. I compared the stats of the guys coming from the college ranks and gave them letter grades. I'm not saying the grade means one guy should be drafted over the other, but I am looking for confirmation of promise or red flags. Keegan Murray's stats are nice!

1653519119288-png.458050

ESPN just put Bronnie in the top 10 of 2024 NBA prospects. Clickbait BS. He's gotta grow 3" before anybody takes him in the lottery.

ESPN just put Bronnie in the top 10 of 2024 NBA prospects. Clickbait BS. He's gotta grow 3" before anybody takes him in the lottery.

Givony did a good job defending his Bronny projection on Lowe's pod. He said he's 6' 4" now, so that's 2" right there.

Said he's De'Anthony Melton in a weak draft.

Now that the Mavs are in the lottery, they better hope Taylor Hendricks is around when they pick. That dude is perfect for them. Shot 40% on 5 attempts per game from 3p and blocked 1.7 shots per game. Supposedly 6' 9", long, and bouncy

Reactions: TBrown
Reed Sheppard is such an interesting prospect to me. The 0 wingspan, and lack of physicality may be problems for him, but everything else is pretty amazing. I love his style of play. He treats the ball like a hot potato and keeps it moving. He either gets right into the action or he already pushed the ball upcourt with a pass to a streaking wing. He hits everything. 53% from 3p. He's hitting deep off screens, he's hitting off the bounce, catch and shoot, and in clutch moments. He gets so many steals.

Reed Sheppard is such an interesting prospect to me. The 0 wingspan, and lack of physicality may be problems for him, but everything else is pretty amazing. I love his style of play. He treats the ball like a hot potato and keeps it moving. He either gets right into the action or he already pushed the ball upcourt with a pass to a streaking wing. He hits everything. 53% from 3p. He's hitting deep off screens, he's hitting off the bounce, catch and shoot, and in clutch moments. He gets so many steals.
He always seems to make the right play. I really like his game especially in a draft class with no clear cut #1 guy.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Dillingham is the other guy that jumps off the screen for UK. His body will limit his all around upside but he will be a plus scorer in the league

Reactions: n_huffhines
Dillingham is the other guy that jumps off the screen for UK. His body will limit his all around upside but he will be a plus scorer in the league

He's fun but he's even smaller than Sheppard and he's destined to be Dame on D.

VN Store

Back