The myth that Dan Mullen is a great coach

Time will tell, dude. Time will tell. No one said Kirby is elite because he beat Mullen. It appears that you're bashing Kirby because you're chapped that your guy lost the game Saturday.
I believe the original premise of the thread is that many in the media and elsewhere thought Mullen was the better coach in the East because of his relative success in year one at FL and the fact that the Dawgs lost to a 24-point USCe dog at home. Maybe the programs were on two different trajectories.
The result in JAX last Saturday afternoon dispelled that line of thinking. Mullen, who lost his starting QB early in the season and was amazingly able to plug in a more-than-capable backup, probably had his best chance to beat the Dawgs Saturday considering the talent he has leaving at the end of the season. UGA is a very young team. There are kids on the roster that you have never heard of who would start at any other SECEast school. Just as Bama has been light years ahead of everyone else in the conference because of the embarrassment of riches at virtually every position, UGA has strung together consecutive top tier recruiting classes which will only make the hill tougher to climb for East opponents. in the years to come.
As I've said before, there are a handful of really good teams at the top and UGA is one of them. Will Kirby win a Natty soon? I think so. Before Mullen? Probably.
My actual point of contention is threads like this one and what they imply...This implication here is CLEARLY that Kirby is a great coach and Dan isn't, when there's just as much evidence to prove that both or neither are great, overrated, or mixture of both.

But I'll say this, if you gave Dan Kirby's last three recruiting classes, and you gave Kirby UF's last three recruiting classes, Dan would win, and I mean huge.

I realize that you didn't start this thread but because the clown who did certainly won't respond, I'd like to know why it's okay to insinuate that Kirby Smart is a good coach and Dan isn't when there's evidence in every direction to prove both, neither, or a mixture of, are true?
I did say he was a good coach, I believe even ITT? If not this one, one of the other threads about Mullen. I think Mullen limits himself by not having more alpha recruiters on staff. I do think Christian Robinson and maybe Gray can be, like both of them as well. Mullen did well to get 10 wins last year and may (probably) will this year but UF fans are used to 9/10 being the floor.

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG
My actual point of contention is threads like this one and what they imply...This implication here is CLEARLY that Kirby is a great coach and Dan isn't, when there's just as much evidence to prove that both or neither are great, overrated, or mixture of both.

But I'll say this, if you gave Dan Kirby's last three recruiting classes, and you gave Kirby UF's last three recruiting classes, Dan would win, and I mean huge.
OK. We can agree on the first part. The second part is opinion...like saying i believe Santa Claus is real. Nobody has ever not seen him, so I guess it could be true. But I gots me doubts.

OK. We can agree on the first part. The second part is opinion...like saying i believe Santa Claus is real. Nobody has ever not seen him, so I guess it could be true. But I gots me doubts.
Yeah, I guess it is an opinion...But I believe it as strongly as anything...I'm not trying start a conflict, that's not what I'm about, (And I fully expect some defensiveness.) but I'm pretty sure you believe that too.

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG

VN Store

Back