The most heartbreaking Tennessee Football loss according to you?

Georgia 2016 after Eason completed that bomb with 12 seconds left, really sucked
I've never seen so many inexplicable plays in the span of 15 minutes:
UGA drops a true freshman QB back to pass in the endzone and gets strip sacked!?
We let a guy get behind the secondary with :20 to go!?
UGA kicks off short to Evan Berry - the only guy in the stadium that can hurt them.

UGA drops a true freshman QB back to pass in the endzone and gets strip sacked!?
UGA kicks off short to Evan Berry - the only guy in the stadium that can hurt them.

And then, the play that never gets old

I was at the 90 game with ND. I bought scalper tickets for $70 each. ND was #1 and I think we were #12 (I could be wrong on our ranking). I remember Dale Carter knocking rocket Ismael out for a bit of the game. I believe Andy Kelly was picked off late in the 4th quarter on a pass that would've put us on top late in the 4th. From where I was sitting (13 rows up from the field right in the middle of the ND fans) the pass looked as if it could've been a few inches higher we would have won. Still one of the best games I've been to.

2001 Seccg without a doubt. I went from a diehard fan to just a fan because of that loss

Georgia 2017 (41 - 0)
Knew then that Butch's time was up, that Georgia was headed an entirely different direction, and that we'd be starting another head coaching search, thus continuing this crazy cycle we've been on.

Also whatever game it was where we rolled out the turnover trash can. I don't know if that was a loss or not but it was just embarassing.

The one that has always stuck with me was 2010 LSU.
WIfe and I attended the game and got up and left at the horn, had to watch the final play from the concourse.....their fans were pissed, had we beat them Les would have been gone.....

I don’t remember who it was but it was Alabama Tennessee going into win only to fumble inside the 5 game ends 9-6.

That certainly was pretty wild. I was furious at Foreman.

I was in the stands for that one. That's always the one that I remember as the worst.
Oh I was there to East side on about the 30 . Didn't miss a home game that year. Thought that was Major's best team on both sides of the ball and he still couldn't get it done.

If you’ve been a fan for 20 years or longer and your answer is anything other than the 2001 LSU SEC Title game you should consider reevaluating some things .

I feel like this topic is our quarterly kick in the nuts thread to distract us from our everyday kick in the nuts threads.

1. Jabar Gaffney no catch in 2000
2. Hobbed Nailed Boot loss to Georgia in 2001
3. Dooley's 12 men on the field loss to LSU in 2010
4. Terrence Cody's blocked FG at Alabama in 2011
5. Pig Howard fumble in the smoky grays in 2013

Reactions: Starchief13VFL
If you’ve been a fan for 20 years or longer and your answer is anything other than the 2001 LSU SEC Title game you should consider reevaluating some things .

I feel like this topic is our quarterly kick in the nuts thread to distract us from our everyday kick in the nuts threads.
I was there. It sucked. I don't like to recall it.

If you were separating the Fulmer years from good to bad, then the 2001 SEC Championship Game vs LSU is definitely where the divide begins. A win that night and it's a third SEC Championship in 5 seasons and a trip to the Rose Bowl to play Miami. That would have provided a much needed shot in the arm for recruiting. Instead, we went in the other direction.

We had beaten LSU in September with Kelley Washington having a record game, but then hardly threw to him at all in the SEC CG. Saban would quickly change things, but Tennessee had the better team in 2001 with much more at stake, and we should have won that game.

Last edited:
There are many, but the one I will never forget is the Orange Bowl loss to Oklahoma after the 67 season. I was 11 and cried my eyes out. Missed a field goal at the end that would have won it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Two buddies of mine that were at that game were out of the gates and headed towards the parking lot when Dobbs threw the hail mary. They were both physically sick.
I know the feeling. I had just made it outside of the gate when I heard the roar of the crowd from Stoerner's fumble.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE

VN Store

Back