The most disappointing game that I can remember.

Mich won nothing, Gonzaga didn’t win their championship, Virg did not win their championship, UNC is a 1 seed and they have won nothing. Huston had a great season but lost their championship,

Sure Tennessee didn’t get it done. But dang just 2 years ago Tennessee was was a .500 team and the year before that they were sub .500.
It’s been 18 years since Tennessee has had back to back single digit loss seasons. That shows how much of a NON “blue blood” Tennessee is. They haven’t gotten the best recruits, they haven’t had multiple great seasons in a row. If you want to “get” there, and stay there you got to build something first. Sure we don’t need no brick by brick crap..... but Barnes has gotten Tennessee a long way in a short time.
Sorry not much into participation trophies

Reactions: EezyE
And it’s on the players. They came out careless, unenergetic, and uninspired. You don’t need a coach firing you up to understand the ramifications of this game.

What a shame, too, because it had all the makings of a game that would go down in Tennessee lore. It appeared to be all in the cards: in Nashville, off a monster comeback, with a veteran team which has been our best team in memory, in a conference championship revenge game.

Some of you will cry “Negavol” or make excuses like “matchup” or “tired” or “Barnes/Pearl” or whatnot, but let’s call a spade a spade.

This sucked. Now let’s move on. Go Vols.
Rick Barnes had Butch Jones address the team after the loss. He told them to " snap and clear"

Awful showing... players needs to look in the mirror and check themselves. It doesn't matter what you do before you get to the big stage. Once that clock ticks in the championship game you have to look at it like a one game season from that moment. Really just disappointing man
I was there amongst at least 15,000 other TN fans and everyone was pretty pissed about us laying an egg. This is a Jekyll and Hyde team, you never really know who is going to show up. If Lamonte hadn't come out of his 6 week funk, we would have lost that game by 35 points. Not sure where Grant and Admiral were yesterday?

Did anyone watch that game yesterday? They gave everything they had, IMO. Just needed more than one day to regroup (You can tell by Grant and Admiral performance) Our fans piss me off far more than this team does.
Really? Did you attend the game? I did and spent over $300 for a 2 hour Sh!t show, The place was packed with UT fans ready to celebrate our first SECT championship in 40 years and our team didn't even get off the bus. That's pretty sad on the teams part ( not the fans because we did our part) if you ask me. They either make up for it in the NCAAT or this season was a bust as far as I'm concerned

Did anyone watch that game yesterday? They gave everything they had, IMO. Just needed more than one day to regroup (You can tell by Grant and Admiral performance) Our fans piss me off far more than this team does.

Then we need a new S&C coach. Auburn was playing on its 4th straight day. We had a double bye.

The players are gassed and knew that regardless of what happened they were going to be a 2 seed. Them being exhausted showed and they wasn't to inspired for a SEC Tourney title. They'll get a few days rest and be ok for a tourney run.

The Auburn debacle on Sunday was the most disappointed I've been in a University of Tennessee team

View attachment 198232
Certainly for basketball. I never thought they would come out that flat but should have after laying it all on the line against Kentucky.
All time? I don’t know; the football team has done that so many times over the years I’ve become numb.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
After the party in the hotel Saturday night, I could have guaranteed that crapfest.... they didn’t give a damn and figured they could steamroll AU....no surprise, and no big deal.
Important thing is they got a great great draw in tourney. I wouldn’t trade it for Duke’s spot.
You guys need to relax. That tourney was yesterday’s news and obviously meaningless to them. Important takeaway is they PROVED they can and will win when it matters- to them- see Kentucky game

Get to an Elite 8 at worst and this game doesn't really matter. They had no energy and no desire to be there.

I will say this I was very proud of the fanbase, a lot of people paid $150 plus to be there we filled it up and were loud.

No banners, no rings, no championships in a season where you win 30 games. That's almost impossible to do!!
Personally, I think It's almost impossible to whine when you win 30 games in a season. There are many good teams that don't win their championship. Do you really think Auburn is the best? Florida State beat Virginia. Kentucky got beat by us.. If you could guess who is going to win these things then everyone would have perfect brackets.

Reactions: Lurker
Personally, I think It's almost impossible to whine when you win 30 games in a season. There are many good teams that don't win their championship. Do you really think Auburn is the best? Florida State beat Virginia. Kentucky got beat by us.. If you could guess who is going to win these things then everyone would have perfect brackets.
The problem is this team lost twice to the same team. The same team that knocked us out of winning the regular-season championship knocked us out of winning the conference Tournament Championship... I'm tired of having fans sugarcoat everything. Basketball is a tournament sport nobody's going to remember the 30 wins in the record books. Banners are not hung for that. Rings are not given for that. We accept mediocrity and that's what we get.

I wouldn't be disappointed if there was effort.

Team looked like garbage and played like they didn't care.

beat Russia lost to Finland..The worst part of this is the bracket path we now have. 2 in the South is a million miles away from a 1 in the Midwest

The problem is this team lost twice to the same team. The same team that knocked us out of winning the regular-season championship knocked us out of winning the conference Tournament Championship... I'm tired of having fans sugarcoat everything. Basketball is a tournament sport nobody's going to remember the 30 wins in the record books. Banners are not hung for that. Rings are not given for that. We accept mediocrity and that's what we get.

I am as competitive as the next person, but it’s ridiculous how people have to get their licks in. Our rise in 4 years has been amazing. We still have work to do. I don’t play the damn game. I have no influence, and it’s entertainment. Trust me, I will remember this team for a long time.

Reactions: musolfmj
The mental side of sports is pretty complex. Every golfer has had that day where nothing worked. You feel like you have never played. It can get into your head and you can continue to spiral downward. Some can turn it around faster than others. Some never really do. Remember how good David Duval was?

In a team game you have others who can help you get it going. How many times have Schofield and Williams caught fire, willed their way to crucial big plays, and dragged their teammates along with them?

None of that worked yesterday. Turner tried, but the rest of the guys were so far off their games that there was never a big run. Yes, our team stunk it up. So opine away as to what caused it (personally I think they figured that if they could beat Kentucky the way they did that Auburn was just an afterthought).

But go off acting all butt hurt like the Big Blue Nation did 24 hours earlier and you really piss me off. Some of you whine and moan like somehow the guys and the coaches did this to you, forgetting what they've done for us the rest of the year.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back