The Most Christlike Thing I've Ever Seen

Doesn't have to be a motive to convict, but it certainly can help.

I know the general story but don't claim to know the specific evidence. Hard for me to truly provide an opinion. But murder requires a mens rea, that is, a state of mind. Premeditation is required for first degree murder. Intentionally trying to kill is required for second degree murder. I don't know the laws in Texas, but based on the sentence, I assume this was less than first degree murder.

Generally, I thought it was questionable as to if she actually had the intent to kill and was merely just negligent in her actions. But again, I didn't review all of the evidence.
I mean I'm no lawyer but wouldn't it be manslaughter if it was mistaken identity? More of just a stupid decision.

I mean I'm no lawyer but wouldn't it be manslaughter if it was mistaken identity? More of just a stupid decision.

Yea, I would tend to lean that way. I don't know what was specifically in her text messages, so I don't know if that changes.

I think it was pretty clear that she made a mistake going into the wrong apartment. It was her actions after that, which seem to be what people are in disagreement about.

Did they argue mistaken identity?

Honestly, they can label it whatever they want. She got 10 years which is a manslaughter sentence

Did they argue mistaken identity?

Honestly, they can label it whatever they want. She got 10 years which is a manslaughter sentence
I don't know that's why I'm asking. I view intentionally killing someone differently than someone making a stupid mistake. I know some have said the sentence was too light. If it was just a mistake, while it's still terrible and should be punished, the punishment should be lighter than a real murder.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't know that's why I'm asking. I view intentionally killing someone differently than someone making a stupid mistake. I know some have said the sentence was too light. If it was just a mistake, while it's still terrible and should be punished, the punishment should be lighter than a real murder.

She meant to shoot him. That part was intentional. The honest mistake, if there was one, was that she thought she was within her rights to kill him.

She meant to shoot him. That part was intentional. The honest mistake, if there was one, was that she thought she was within her rights to kill him.
No doubt. That's the point I was making, was she under the impression that her life was in jeopardy. That's what makes it different.

As some of you may know, I'm not religious but I do love the teachings of Jesus. This may be the most Christlike thing I've ever seen and the kid has me in near tears. His brother was wrongly killed by this cop. She was convicted of murder and this is his message to her.

I'm going to get blasted for this, but this guy's actions appeared to be the actions of someone that had a crush on her. I'm not sure there was much to do with Christ in any of that.

I read that investigators interviewed something like 250 residents at the apartment complex and that something like 90 of them admitted they too had gone to the wrong floor and out their key in the door.

I read that investigators interviewed something like 250 residents at the apartment complex and that something like 90 of them admitted they too had gone to the wrong floor and out their key in the door.

That's interesting. I wonder how many of them admitted to having gone to the wrong floor and put their key in the door and then shot whoever was inside.

That's interesting. I wonder how many of them admitted to having gone to the wrong floor and put their key in the door and then shot whoever was inside.
Probably only one😎.....I also saw a video someone made coming down the breezeway .... the dude that got shot had a red doormat.... I don’t think anyone else had a mat of any kind... much less a bright red one.

Probably only one😎.....I also saw a video someone made coming down the breezeway .... the dude that got shot had a red doormat.... I don’t think anyone else had a mat of any kind... much less a bright red one.

My wife and I have had a couple debates about this. I think she’s mostly bothered by the fact that of all the cases of white cops shooting unarmed black guys, this is the one that’s convicted?? I get that.

I understand that this woman likely just made a tragic mistake. And I can empathize with the circumstances. But I always come back to the idea that if you’re carrying a firearm on your person, you have a higher standard to uphold because you have a heightened capability of taking a life.

Your choice to respond to a fearful situation by pulling and discharging your weapon is a dire one and you have to be damn sure the threat is real. If she weren’t armed, would she have just ran and then realized her mistake without an innocent guy being killed in his own home?

And for whatever it’s worth, as a cop she’s presumably been trained in some manner of high stress threat identification. Again, I empathize, but whereas an armed person has a higher standard, a trained cop has a higher one still. Dude’s only dead because the person who screwed up had a lethal capability when she got her doors confused.

I'm going to get blasted for this, but this guy's actions appeared to be the actions of someone that had a crush on her. I'm not sure there was much to do with Christ in any of that.
Please stick to the political forum with your garbage, TIA.

VN Store

Back