The Money Down

ftsandersvol

It was the worst O line i have ever seen, hands down. I started going in 76 to games. I have never seen so many whiffed blocks in my life. Even on a 5 yd out pattern, JG was getting hit. Hopeing we will improve. Dont see how we can't!

Here is an interesting article on 3rd down efficiency by QB. It shows what I and half of VolNation have been saying for some time. Guarantano has the potential to be very special. Imagine what he could/will do with a good offensive line.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/complete-breakdown-3rd-down-success-rate-sec-qbs/

I will now sit back in my asbestos suit and eat my popcorn. Flame away, VolNation, flame away.

AND finally an experienced, quality offensive coordinator.

It was the worst O line i have ever seen, hands down. I started going in 76 to games. I have never seen so many whiffed blocks in my life. Even on a 5 yd out pattern, JG was getting hit. Hopeing we will improve. Dont see how we can't!

Idk...the 08 clawfense was bad too. Atleast last uear we didn’t filp em play to play.

Here is an interesting article on 3rd down efficiency by QB. It shows what I and half of VolNation have been saying for some time. Guarantano has the potential to be very special. Imagine what he could/will do with a good offensive line.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/complete-breakdown-3rd-down-success-rate-sec-qbs/

I will now sit back in my asbestos suit and eat my popcorn. Flame away, VolNation, flame away.
I see you didn’t get the memo....Jarrett Guarantano is horrible, holds onto the ball all day long, can’t read a defebse, has no idea where to go with the ball. Why, he’ll surely be beaten out this year by either of our young newbie QBs who have never taken a collegiate snap. Get outta here with all those facts and evidence that contradicts the notion that JG sucks and should never suit up for the Big Orange again.

That 1976 offensive line was bad...really bad. I think it was even worse than the 2018 line.

Not all of JG's sacks were the Oline's fault.
You’re right, only about 90% were.

And what about those times where he got lit up when he threw quick slant and stick routes? Hell, he got lit up on the hot pass on the goal line td pass to DWA vs WVa....he literally got rid of the ball within a second of getting the snap and he still got blown up. You anti-JG guys will say anything to keep your JG sucks narrative alive. How about FOR ONCE giving the kid who’s busting his arse for the program his due?

Until he reaches his potential JG is an average QB.

/end thread and all other articles telling you that what you see isnt what you see.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Which championship do we get for best 3rd down efficiency, the national, or sec? I'm all for JG, hope he wins the Heisman this year, but these stats and articles do nothing to change our team record. I hate it for him, but he'll likely end his career with the fewest conference wins of any QB I can think of. This year probably won't be much better than the past 2. If we can make a bowl, that'll be an improvement. Maybe by his senior year we'll have enough talent on the line to let him shine. Hopefully I'm wrong, and we have a complete turn around this fall.

As every poster to VN knows, members of the UT Department of Athletics are fervent readers. They take their cues from VN. That is why it is so important for Football Forum regulars to continue their unrestrained critiques of players and coaches alike.

Until he reaches his potential JG is an average QB.

/end thread and all other articles telling you that what you see isnt what you see.
The problem with that thought is that there’s a contingent on here who can’t stand the kid and are quick to fly right by anything good the kid does so they can harp on something he may have done poorly so their narrative that he sucks stays in place. They’ve deemed it so, so any evidence to the contrary simply cannot he tolerated/acknowledged.

I wasn’t surprised much at all by this article because I recall JG being very good converting 3rd downs for the majority of the season. Didn’t expect him to be the best in the SEC, but figured he had to be in the conversation.

Conversely, whole buncha guys in here willfully overlook evidence that he was much better than the cull the constantly drone on about him being.

Those same guys were awfully quiet the week after the Auburn game when JG was named the national offensive player of the week, and they couldn’t wait until the next week in hopes that he’d make a few plays they could criticize and so proclaim him awful again.

Yes, but he does have talent and with a better line it will show through a lot more than it has. Hopefully, Chaney will train him to stop holding the ball too long.
Chaney was never able to train that tendency out of Sims. I'm afraid that guarantano's holding the ball too long is just a reflection that he is very very slow to recognize defenses.

In terms of JG, hes been a decent QB and game manager. Right now that's the only way Tennessee can play, manage the game and try to get it to the 4th. I don't think we will ever see JG full potential here at UT because of a weak surrounding cast. I hope he gets a shot to lead this team to Atlanta but I believe the time it will take to fix the issues will outlast his eligibility.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Not all of JG's sacks were the Oline's fault.
But MOST were. A lot of those sacks can be attributed to our inability to run the ball, allowing defenders to pass rush without the fear of us breaking a big run on them. Considering the ineptitude of our OL, It's amazing the kid put up the numbers he did. Based on these stats, NO SEC QB would have fared near as well under those circumstances.

VN Store

Back