The Ministry of Truth thread

Aren't we talking about what the consumer pays? It's what I was talking about, anyway..

Who is the "consumer" when an insuror and patient are involved? Yes, the patient pays his copay, but somebody else - insuror or supplier is going to absorb the temporary cost. At some point, you can bet the patient is going to be paying either in increased premiums or in other products if the prescription comes from a local pharmacy. Business have to cover costs or they won't be in business long.

Reactions: hUTch2002
A sycophant is a person who acts obsequiously towards another person (not an entire organization). The word "zealot" would be a more appropriate description for what you are saying about me (if it was true).

... but in this thread alone, I have been very critical of Biden for this department of misinformation ... however they refer to it. You are just wrong. Hell, your side can't even admit that Trump was fiscally irresponsible.

I’ve seen a total of 0 people proclaim trump was fiscally responsible.

Reactions: AM64
"There's already this idea, this allegation that there is anti-conservative bias on the platforms. Even though there has been study after study that it is often liberal voices that are being silenced, particular minority voices on social media"

Nina Jankowicz-Disinformation Czar

What could possibly go wrong putting this lady in charge?

Actually he’s quoting someone saying that trump was irresponsible. Even if it was only that time he’s saying that trump was irresponsible.
You’re still at 0
Actually, I was quoting someone who absurdly claimed that the only time that Trump was fiscally irresponsible was during the COVID pandemic ... That is dead wrong, and the data which I have linked proves that. So, he is at 1.

Exactly
He said trump was irresponsible
Still at 0
No, his post claimed that Trump was fiscally responsible for the majority of his time in office. That is because COVID only encompassed 1 year out of the 4 year Trump presidency. He was dead wrong in that assertion.

He is at 1... regardless of this stupid hair-splitting game you wish to play.

If you only murder one person then what are you?

If you only rob one bank then what are you?
That is dumb. The poster claimed that the only reason that Trump was ever fiscally irresponsible was due to COVID .... and that is a lie. Trump's fiscal recklessness pre-dated the pandemic.

Just to be clear we agree Biden's fiscal policy is worse and less responsible, right?
I will agree that Biden is fiscally irresponsible, but you are not making an apples to apples comparison. During the first 3 years of the Trump presidency, the economy was expanding. There was no need for economic stimulus. However, that didn't stop Trump from making unnecessarily bloated budget proposals, which the economy did not need. The economic circumstances surrounding Biden's first year in office are much different.

I will agree that Biden is fiscally irresponsible, but you are not making an apples to apples comparison. During the first 3 years of the Trump presidency, the economy was expanding. There was no need for economic stimulus. However, that didn't stop Trump from making unnecessarily bloated budget proposals, which the economy did not need. The economic circumstances surrounding Biden's first year in office are much different.

Biden's economy has been overheated. So your point doesn't stand. Why would you encourage someone to increase spending during high inflation?

Biden's economy has been overheated. So your point doesn't stand. Why would you encourage someone to increase spending during high inflation?
I wasn't defending Biden. I was being critical of Trump's budget proposals during his first years in office. Read my first sentence again...

I wasn't defending Biden. I was being critical of Trump's budget proposals during his first years in office. Read my first sentence again...

You are implying large spending is more justified now under Biden than previously under Trump and that the bloated budgets of Biden are needed.

You are implying large spending is more justified now under Biden than previously under Trump and that the bloated budgets of Biden are needed.
No ... I did not imply any such damn thing.

I began the post by saying that Biden was fiscally irresponsible! You are trying to read something into the post which isn't there. I simply stated that Trump's fiscal recklessness in his first 3 years was during a time of economic growth and wasn't necessary. I also pointed out that Biden's first year in office differs from that, BUT THAT WASN'T A DEFENSE OF BIDEN.

No ... I did not imply any such damn thing.

I began the post by saying that Biden was fiscally irresponsible! You are trying to read something into the post which isn't there. I simply stated that Trump's fiscal recklessness in his first 3 years was during a time of economic growth and wasn't necessary. I also pointed out that Biden's first year in office differs from that, BUT THAT WASN'T A DEFENSE OF BIDEN.

So massive spending wasn’t necessary under trump. Is it necessary under Biden?

So massive spending wasn’t necessary under trump. Is it necessary under Biden?
It will only make matters worse involving inflation ... and it has been excessive, but a certain amount of it can be justified during the recovery from the pandemic.

It will only make matters worse involving inflation ... and it has been excessive, but a certain amount of it can be justified during the recovery from the pandemic.

We are not recovering from a pandemic, we are trying to recover from the overreaction to and complete mismanagement of a pandemic.

The inflation has been caused by poor economic policy around the pandemic. Rather than allow natural economic contraction, we created a bubble.

VN Store

Back