The Mandalorian

Not a fan of trying to squeeze in characters from other SW storylines.

Even when they are directly connected to the main character? Bo-Katan was the leader of Mandalore and the last one to wield the Dark Saber.

I think I saw at least four characters. Boba Fett especially seems like a stretch.

Boba is total fan service... still, there is history between the characters lineage so not completely out of the question.

Sabine Wren from Rebels is a Mandalorian. She too wielded the Dark Saber for a bit. She was also last seen with Ahsoka Tano so this makes sense as well.

Then I already explained why Bo Katan makes sense.

I get where you are coming from but as of right now I think all these characters making appearances applies.

I just finished the last 4 of Clone Wars. THAT is how Star Wars should be at its flashiest.

Why the hell is Dave Filoni not in charge of the whole franchise at Lucasfilm. He gets it. Kathleen Kennedy not so much.

Its a damn travesty.

I just finished the last 4 of Clone Wars. THAT is how Star Wars should be at its flashiest.

Why the hell is Dave Filoni not in charge of the whole franchise at Lucasfilm. He gets it. Kathleen Kennedy not so much.

Its a damn travesty.
Rumor has it he might be....

Kinda surprised this isnt getting more buzz on here.

I'm still sloshing through The Clone Wars. Almost through Season 2.

Plus I think after ROS everyone was kind of burned out on SW regardless of how you liked or didn't like the sequel trilogy. And honestly....I thought Season 1 was a tad overrated. I'm looking forward to S2 but I'm keeping my expectations lower this time.

Reactions: NEO
I'm still sloshing through The Clone Wars. Almost through Season 2.

Plus I think after ROS everyone was kind of burned out on SW regardless of how you liked or didn't like the sequel trilogy. And honestly....I thought Season 1 was a tad overrated. I'm looking forward to S2 but I'm keeping my expectations lower this time.

Fair enough... I feel like this show was a breath of fresh air from the sequel trilogy. Always got the impression that most Star Wars fans felt that way.

Fair enough... I feel like this show was a breath of fresh air from the sequel trilogy. Always got the impression that most Star Wars fans felt that way.

Overall it was. I liked it more than I didn't, just felt like they could have easily cut about 3 of those episodes. Even with 10 episodes it felt like they had too much filler.

Overall it was. I liked it more than I didn't, just felt like they could have easily cut about 3 of those episodes. Even with 10 episodes it felt like they had too much filler.

I can see that. I think they were trying to go for a “adventure of the week” structure instead of just centering on the main arc every episode. Like the way weekly shows used to be.

On a similar tangent, when I binged Picard a couple months ago, while I did enjoy it, I thought to myself how I miss the one-off episodes where the Enterprise went to X planet and dealt with whatever problem there was and it was done in 60min.

I don’t want all shows to go back to that structure but I do enjoy it.

Its a damn travesty.

Rewatching them right now. The Siege of Mandalore arc is better than any of the movies IMO minus Empire Strikes Back and maybe A New Hope.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Waiting a week for a 30 minute episode will ultimately be this show’s undoing. Season 1 was decent, but running alongside Witcher was a poor move. I thought Witcher was much better.

Hmm... From a social discussion perspective I kinda liked the weekly show schedule. No different than what HBO does.

Not that I dont like a nice bingable dump but when everyone is watching at a different pace it hurts conversation.

Hmm... From a social discussion perspective I kinda liked the weekly show schedule. No different than what HBO does.

Not that I dont like a nice bingable dump but when everyone is watching at a different pace it hurts conversation.

I don’t mind waiting the week, I do mind waiting the week for a 30 minute episode. This day in age it’s either binge, or wait a week for an hour long show. Just not a fan.

I don’t mind waiting the week, I do mind waiting the week for a 30 minute episode. This day in age it’s either binge, or wait a week for an hour long show. Just not a fan.

At least its a full 30min and not 23min with commercials.

I remember feeling a little concerned about the run time when it was revealed before S1. But then I felt like each episode used it’s time well.

Reactions: Roustabout
At least its a full 30min and not 23min with commercials.

I remember feeling a little concerned about the run time when it was revealed before S1. But then I felt like each episode used it’s time well.
It’s amazing how little content hour long network shows offer when you take out commercials.

Reactions: BenGrimm

VN Store

Back