The Mandalorian

This was a fun episode. Classic jail break/heist plot.

couple funny details. Burr’s character was supposed to be this great shot but only that mech arm on his back hit anything.

The New Republic guard was the voice of Anakin in Clone Wars and Dave Filoni was one of the X-Wing pilots.

I think this week's episode was great. To me it was as good as episode 3. I think the funniest part was
at the end when baby yoda looks like he's trying to use the Force to defend himself. The Mandalorian shoots the droid from behind, and before baby sees him he looks at his hand. He had this sort of "WTF did I do that? " look on his face. That was funny.

It's probably been pointed out, but Mandalorian is totally a throwback to old westerns, like Have Gun, Will Travel.

Hot take, the prequel trilogy is better than the Disney trilogy.

Prequels were planned out better I’ll agree with that. I don’t know if I would say they “better”... I think the story of Young Obiwan and Anakin is more connected to the OT than the story of Rey, Finn, and Poe.

It's probably been pointed out, but Mandalorian is totally a throwback to old westerns, like Have Gun, Will Travel.
My father-in-law said the same thing...compared Episode 4 to The Magnificent Seven...as a sci-fi and Western guy he is loving the series

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Prequels were planned out better I’ll agree with that. I don’t know if I would say they “better”... I think the story of Young Obiwan and Anakin is more connected to the OT than the story of Rey, Finn, and Poe.

I think both have major problems but said problems are different.

The prequels were poorly executed, had horribly written dialogue, relied too much on green/blue screen, and at least IMO many of the iconic moments and story elements we had waited for were just huge letdowns.

The sequels have had questionable story choices and in many cases rely too much on being rehashed versions of the original trilogy.

I think both have major problems but said problems are different.

The prequels were poorly executed, had horribly written dialogue, relied too much on green/blue screen, and at least IMO many of the iconic moments and story elements we had waited for were just huge letdowns.

The sequels have had questionable story choices and in many cases rely too much on being rehashed versions of the original trilogy.

TFA tried to over correct for the prequels and definitely tried to hit the OT nostalgia chords hard. TLJ tried to over correct for the reliance on nostalgia and preconceived expectations.

To me, they are both enjoyable Star Wars movies. Nothing will ever compare to the OT. Letting go of trying to hit that bar makes it easier to enjoy the new ones.

Reactions: VOLNPA

VN Store

Back