The Man in the High Castle

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
It has always been my favorite Phillip K. Dick story and now Amazon is turning it into a series. I watched the pilot on the Amazon.com and it was simply amazing. It could end up being one of the best series to come along in a long time.

Based on Philip K. Dick's award-winning novel, and executive produced by Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), The Man in the High Castle explores what it would be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States.

Amazon.com: The Man in the High Castle: Movies & TV

The Man in the High Castle (TV Movie 2015) - IMDb

I have always been a big fan of Phillip K. Dick's work and The Man in the High Castle is my favorite.

Electric Sheep is my second favorite. The truth is I have never read a PKD story I didn't love.

So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited
So excited

Reactions: 1 person
You won't be disappointed

Watched it yesterday and loved it. But I am a history guy and I have waited for something like this for a long time. The acting was suspect in some places, but overall I loved the story and can't wait to see more. All the reviews on Amazon are positive, so I am hoping that it gets at least one season.

I'm 6 episodes in - very entertaining. The way the Nazi's live like Norman Rockwell American's is cracking me up. V A Day was crazy.

Very well done with good to great acting throughout. The computer generated background gave it a somber tone, but delivered the 50s feel.

Yep - I'm always fascinated by Eastern philosophy and the quiet discipline/ritual in actions.

The Marshall is a kick too - like Barney Fife gone pyscho.

Haha, that's a good take on the Marshall; he's something else.

I'm with you on Eastern philosophy; very fascinating.

So I'm not asking from those who've read the book but asking for those that watched Season 1.

1) Are we to infer the "Man in the High Castle" is actually Hitler?

2) What was the symbolism of the Foreign Trade Minister waking up in the alternate version of the war outcome - are we supposed to be able to deduce that from what we saw in the Season or is it a mystery to be answered later in the show?

3) I'm not even asking about the dude showed up in one of the films killing the other dude.

currently in production though a Google search indicates a key producer is leaving (or something like that).

Finished Season 2 last night.

I felt about it about the same as I felt about Season 1. It starts good enough, then seems to drag for several episodes, then the last 2-3 episodes it gets really good and sets up the next season well. It's almost like 10 episodes is too much and they could get away with 6 episodes a season. There's something just a bit off about this show that I can't put my finger on. It's not that anything (acting, writing, direction, story) in itself is bad, overall they are all good, but at times each seems to have a really bad moment that sort of sticks in my mind and sort of clouds my overall feeling on the show. But I still think it's a good show.

Also, Stephen Root is in this season, and he's good in everything. So that was a big plus, not to mention it seems like he's in everything now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back