The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

Richardson can run, I think he has thrown about 5 passes in 2 outings. He isn't starting for a reason, maybe it's the playbook maybe he isn't a great passer. Emory has consistency issues as well, he runs nothing like Richardson more like Milton. Either way you stop Florida's running game and try to make them throw it more than they want too. GBO!!!!

May want to research some throwing highlights, because Richardson can throw. He’s 6 of 11 for around 200 yards with two TD’s. But there is a reason he hasn’t been starting, you’re correct there. And it has to do with that same hammy, it’s been a problem, he’s definitely on a “pitch count.” First hammy pull was in the spring, he’s had some tightness off/on since then but was fine until Saturday. Here’s a sample of his throwing, ridiculous:

as tennessee, you are not fighting the sec, you are not fighting disney, you are not fighting the perception. you are fighting it all, and you have beaten them all before. do not come here if you have no fight.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Unbelievable. First of all your whole thread is based on the premise Richardson won't play. Mullen said today that he will be practicing this week. He wants him to play THIS week. If he plays against us we do not have a shot to win this game. The kid is unreal. It's incredibly unfortunate that we have to deal with him the next 3 seasons at least. If you haven't noted his talent yet.... Spoiler alert. He is the most talented QB in the league this year. And it's not close.

Best case scenario for Tennessee (and I'm not wishing this on AR) is that Richardson DOES play against Bama and that hammy is not ready to go against us. If Emory has to go the distance against us I actually think it's a game well into the second half in Gainesville.

Providing Hooker starts we should see a healthy Cooper Mays and Tiyon Evans by then. We will also upgrade at guard with Cooper back as Carvin will move back to guard in place of Ollie Lane. Jabari Small should sit against Tech and hopefully will be back in Gainesville. We have the potential to be healthy with a tune up game for Hendon.

But it hinges on the starter for Florida. If Richardson is healthy, be ready for a bloodbath.
Well, if he plays, forget everything else I wrote (even the wrong location!), because it won’t matter. If we could face Emory Jones, our chances would improve greatly.

Reactions: Volfan574
Game will inevitably be close and we will have wide receivers wide open all day that we don’t connect with and we will be crying. This is not the best Florida team and of course we have QB issues. May be our best chance in awhile and still may not be close.

Last edited:
Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.

Just. Stop.

Set your bar low, and you'll only be pleasantly surprised when and if we beat any quality opponent.

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.
Wait til we get 110 yards in false starts. Then you’ll get it.

Oh I think for sure there will be an upset!!
99% of Volnation will be upset with the game. And yes I expect most to be upset with QB performance.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Some of y'all are ridiculous talking about past years. Do you really think those teams are playing this year? GTFO.

Two things wrong with the OP's hypothesis:

One, the Gators backup QB always (and, I mean, ALWAYS) shows out like a legit Heisman candidate against the Vols.

Two, the game is in the Swamp. Too many bad memories there.
Yes!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing. Somehow their 4th string walk-on QB would chunk the ball around on us

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
Some of y'all are ridiculous talking about past years. Do you really think those teams are playing this year? GTFO.

Do you really think that it doesn't matter psychologically that these guys have pretty much only experienced losing and it's worse on the road?

Right now, the best moment any of those guys has experienced is a win over Auburn and/or Kentucky in 2018. That's the highlight of their time at Tennessee.

Does it mean they can't win? Sure. They can win.

But, it's starts on the mental side and those guys can say whatever they want to, but I don't know if they truly believe. It being the first road game doesn't help either.

Do you really think that it doesn't matter psychologically that these guys have pretty much only experienced losing and it's worse on the road?

Right now, the best moment any of those guys has experienced is a win over Auburn and/or Kentucky in 2018. That's the highlight of their time at Tennessee.

But, it's starts on the mental side and those guys can say whatever they want to, but I don't know if they truly believe. It being the first road game doesn't help either.

It's ridiculous to state past history has no effect on the current game. It's been shown time and time again it does because it gets in teams' heads.

We are going to get better, but let's go one at a time. People can't handle disappointment well, we have a ton to get better on. That don't mean we aren't capable of winning a few we shouldn't, but not like we played against Pitt, that doesn't mean we won't improve as the season goes and that's where the negative fans refuse to even imagine it happening but I do believe we will keep getting better. Our coaches have got to fix silly insane penalties and if our qb cannot hit open receivers and we can't get him to hit them it's time to change qb's. Our defense has had some bright spots and our offense despite shooting itself in the foot also did. Our special team defense played great. Jeremy Banks plays hard but he is going to get us beat in a close game with a senseless penalty unless the coaches flat out tell him to quit it. No more picking player up, you can drive to the ground you can't pick them up and slam them like wrestling. We beat ourselves against Pitt but we are a young team and we have a young staff. So for the folks already giving up on coaches after 2 games blah blah go somewhere else it's way to early for the pure crap talk coming out of your mouths. At least give the staff time, heck we knew there would be some level of growing pains. Our offensive playcalling has been fine minus a few plays and if simple execution had been made many complaining would be happy today. Yes, it hurts. I hope it's hurting the coaches and players as well knowing they left it on the table. Now we must re-focus and keep working on eliminating silly penalties and turnovers and a quarterback with some fire needs to emerge and be able to make passes that's why your there. Get to work coaches and players. GBO!!!!!
Was going to like till you talk about Banks he is a Dog and we need him and the refs sucked.

It's possible that bama will soften fla up enough that we pull an upset. And fla is so cocky, with reason actually, that they may be thinking the duck, UT, can't pull a truck and guarantee themselves a win a little early. If we win, it will probably be near the last play of game. Game will hopefully be competitive and a victory sure would be nice.

There is absolutely ZERO reasons to think we even have a remote chance against UF. Even when we have been at our strongest, we really can’t beat them.

I think you’re not giving proper credit to our bowl victory over hadn’t-won-a-bowl-game-in-1,000-years Indiana.

VN Store

Back