The Leukemia came Back Nation

Duncan, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know everything is so overwhelming. If you are ever here in Nash and need anything please feel free to contact me. I will give you my contact info if you want it, just contact me on here. I also used the gofundme you had setup. You and yours need it much more than I do. I hope everyone else on here can find a little to give. God Bless my friend.

Reactions: dduncan4163
DDuncan, it’s has taking all day to respond to your post. Being a lurker since last year and remember the jubilation you shared when you shared that your wife had beaten it. I too have been there (not to extent that your wife is going through, and your family). During my time with the diagnosis, I didn’t what to talk to anyone,. The one thing that helped me, when I felt alone, I read Psalm 23 over and over and looked up to the sky. God would settle me then and helped me to fight. My thoughts and prayers are truly with you and family.

Click here to support Laura’s fight against Leukemia organized by Dennis Duncan

Hey Nation I really wish I had better news to report of Laura's Leukemia has returned to her spinal fluid and brain. She told me over the weekend she had a mild headache and had gotten night sweats the last couple days. We were hoping it was just a bug but Monday we got word that it had returned. The bad news is the spinal fluid and brain is the hardest body to beat it back. The good news is she has beat it out of before. She went into her first spinal remission back in March months before she achieved her bone marrow remission. It's rare to get a second spinal remission but it isn't impossible. The odds may be long but she's already beaten longer odds by beating it out of her Brain, Spine, Kidneys, and Bone Marrow on top of beating back a MRSA infection from her arm, leg, heart and lungs. She's more determined than ever to beat this back.

Her chemo treatments have changed drastically. She was only being admitted once a month for maintenance therapy. Now she has to receive and new chemo cocktail through a spinal tap each week and in the next week or two we'll learn if she'll need radiation therapy. She had to be removed off her Sprycel 3 weeks ago because it was damaging her heart. There are other drugs they're looking into with similar effects so we're keeping our fingers crossed. With it returning to her spinal fluid her chance of achieving a full cure even with Stem Cells therapy are very low. Her having the Philadelphia Chromosome just makes it so much difficult than just the ALL. It's grim Nation I can't but there's still hope. If the chemo
, radiation, and stem cells and fails there are still clinical trials. She's not out of options yet.

I won't lie this has been a harder gut punch than last December for whatever reason. She hit her remissions, beat back the MRSA and for just a moment we got to breath again. Then just like that damn demon cancer ravages her again. Last night after she was alseep I lost it again. I thought everyone was asleep but my oldest son Dennis must have heard me. He came to be and wrapped his arms around me and we wept together. That boy has been through so damn much and I feel so ashamed that a 16 year old kid had to comfort his father. Nation you have no idea how proud I am of him. He's wanted to be an officer in the Air Force since he was 7. He's in ROTC and loving it. He's been able to maintain a 3.8 GPA through all this and next year he wants to tour the Air Academy in Colorado Springs and come hell or high water that will happen. His dream is to one day be a Officer in the Air Force. He wants to serve and honor his country and be an career officer. It's all he talks about and it's a personal goal he's set for himself as a young child.

View attachment 172480View attachment 172481View attachment 172494

I'm sorry for rambling on Nation. I'm just so proud and amazed by both of their grit, guts, and determination. They're special people and there are no words that can describe just how proud I am of them. They're cut from the same cloth.

I want to thank yall for the continued thoughts prayers and support. I really hate to have to ask again but we've ran into some for finacial issues. Our van is having transmission issues and having to make the long trip to Vanderbilt once or twice each week now has drained us financially. Just know I wouldn't ask for myself under any circumstance but I'll do anything for her. I just want her foucusing solely on getting better and not worrying about our finaces. It's humiliating because it's a man job to take care of his family and here I am having to ask you all for help. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope to some day be able to return my debt to each and everyone of you.

This place has been my refuge for so long. I've made so many friends and family here. You guys have put up with a lot from me and I know I can be stupid and over the top at times but just know it isn't intentional or malicious.

I love yall Nation I love yall from the bottom of my heart and I'd be in sorry shape without this place

GBO
Prayers my friend!!!!!

Sorry to hear that brother, tell your son to follow his dream. We need strong young men and women with character.

LtCol Rainey - Whiteman AFB

Attachments

• 3A808F82-5A42-4BC5-85D9-D72342BC35EC.jpeg
    3A808F82-5A42-4BC5-85D9-D72342BC35EC.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 5
I wish your family the best of luck and all the prayers I can muster.

Keep on fighting Team Duncan!

When y'all make it out to Colorado Springs, let me know. I'll treat y'all to lunch at some non-chain restaurant.

God Bless!

Hey, I am from Winchester, but I now live in Taiwan. You never know where those Franklin County boys will show up.

Just now saw this
thumb.aspx
thread - prayers to Laura and your family -- one of my favorite Vols says it best on this plaque

Duncan, you stay strong for her. This is what she needs now. I just beat this sh_t again for the second time in 3 years. Strong support system is where its' at brother. I don't know how I would have made it without my wife. Do EVERYTHING the docs tell you. Don't cut corners on treatments and just believe brother. You guys can get thru this.. Thoughts and prayers are with your whole family.
Amazing to hear brother. It helps me so much to hear from people that's beaten this back. I feel for you because I see first hand how it ravages the body. Great to hear you're still around and kicking Hoss.

I wish your family the best of luck and all the prayers I can muster.

Keep on fighting Team Duncan!

When y'all make it out to Colorado Springs, let me know. I'll treat y'all to lunch at some non-chain restaurant.

God Bless!
Thank you. Dennis has been wanting to see the acadamy for so long and Laura told me she's going to fight her hardest to be there with us next summer. It's one of her goal markers and if anyone can do it it's her

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Thank you brother. She woke up about an hour ago and she's feeling a little better so far this morning.

Good to hear she's feeling a little better. As long as she has that fighting spirit and you as her rock she has a chance. I'm hoping your day keeps looking up and continues to go up from there.

Click here to support Laura’s fight against Leukemia organized by Dennis Duncan

Hey Nation I really wish I had better news to report of Laura's Leukemia has returned to her spinal fluid and brain. She told me over the weekend she had a mild headache and had gotten night sweats the last couple days. We were hoping it was just a bug but Monday we got word that it had returned. The bad news is the spinal fluid and brain is the hardest body to beat it back. The good news is she has beat it out of before. She went into her first spinal remission back in March months before she achieved her bone marrow remission. It's rare to get a second spinal remission but it isn't impossible. The odds may be long but she's already beaten longer odds by beating it out of her Brain, Spine, Kidneys, and Bone Marrow on top of beating back a MRSA infection from her arm, leg, heart and lungs. She's more determined than ever to beat this back.

Her chemo treatments have changed drastically. She was only being admitted once a month for maintenance therapy. Now she has to receive and new chemo cocktail through a spinal tap each week and in the next week or two we'll learn if she'll need radiation therapy. She had to be removed off her Sprycel 3 weeks ago because it was damaging her heart. There are other drugs they're looking into with similar effects so we're keeping our fingers crossed. With it returning to her spinal fluid her chance of achieving a full cure even with Stem Cells therapy are very low. Her having the Philadelphia Chromosome just makes it so much difficult than just the ALL. It's grim Nation I can't but there's still hope. If the chemo
, radiation, and stem cells and fails there are still clinical trials. She's not out of options yet.

I won't lie this has been a harder gut punch than last December for whatever reason. She hit her remissions, beat back the MRSA and for just a moment we got to breath again. Then just like that damn demon cancer ravages her again. Last night after she was alseep I lost it again. I thought everyone was asleep but my oldest son Dennis must have heard me. He came to be and wrapped his arms around me and we wept together. That boy has been through so damn much and I feel so ashamed that a 16 year old kid had to comfort his father. Nation you have no idea how proud I am of him. He's wanted to be an officer in the Air Force since he was 7. He's in ROTC and loving it. He's been able to maintain a 3.8 GPA through all this and next year he wants to tour the Air Academy in Colorado Springs and come hell or high water that will happen. His dream is to one day be a Officer in the Air Force. He wants to serve and honor his country and be an career officer. It's all he talks about and it's a personal goal he's set for himself as a young child.

View attachment 172480View attachment 172481View attachment 172494

I'm sorry for rambling on Nation. I'm just so proud and amazed by both of their grit, guts, and determination. They're special people and there are no words that can describe just how proud I am of them. They're cut from the same cloth.

I want to thank yall for the continued thoughts prayers and support. I really hate to have to ask again but we've ran into some for finacial issues. Our van is having transmission issues and having to make the long trip to Vanderbilt once or twice each week now has drained us financially. Just know I wouldn't ask for myself under any circumstance but I'll do anything for her. I just want her foucusing solely on getting better and not worrying about our finaces. It's humiliating because it's a man job to take care of his family and here I am having to ask you all for help. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope to some day be able to return my debt to each and everyone of you.

This place has been my refuge for so long. I've made so many friends and family here. You guys have put up with a lot from me and I know I can be stupid and over the top at times but just know it isn't intentional or malicious.

I love yall Nation I love yall from the bottom of my heart and I'd be in sorry shape without this place

GBO

Prayers for you and your wife and son, DDuncan. You’re one of my favorite posters 👍🏻

Good to hear she's feeling a little better. As long as she has that fighting spirit and you as her rock she has a chance. I'm hoping your day keeps looking up and continues to go up from there.
Her doctor said that the more times the chemo is put in the more her brain will get used to so I'm hoping that her pain and nausea will improve and ease up from here. Also she said she no longer has the head ache so that could be evidence that her blast count is starting to come back down. Got my fingers crossed. She'll be getting these taps every Tuesday so I'm hoping we get some good news next week.

Reactions: marvin616
Duncan, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know everything is so overwhelming. If you are ever here in Nash and need anything please feel free to contact me. I will give you my contact info if you want it, just contact me on here. I also used the gofundme you had setup. You and yours need it much more than I do. I hope everyone else on here can find a little to give. God Bless my friend.
Thank you so much. It means the world to me. She's feeling a little better this morning and just asked me to run a get her a biscuit and gravy from our local Dodge store lol. Heading out to grab it now.

Her doctor said that the more times the chemo is put in the more her brain will get used to so I'm hoping that her pain and nausea will improve and ease up from here. Also she said she no longer has the head ache so that could be evidence that her blast count is starting to come back down. Got my fingers crossed. She'll be getting these taps every Tuesday so I'm hoping we get some good news next week.

I'm hoping for that good news with you.

She's such an admirable girl, having the toughness to get through what she already has and still keep fighting in the face of this new adversity.

Sorry to hear it is back, but you have a fighter and she has some in her corner as well. Keep believing and keep fighting! Don't forget to take care of yourself during this battle, she will need you at your best and these fights feel overwhelming after a while. Stay strong, prayers for your family.

VN Store

Back