The last kingdom

Can’t wait. There are quite a few shows I’d say I thoroughly enjoy, and while some of them are probably better than TLK in some regards, this show just does something for me. I can sit and watch it for hours on end when I have a day that I’m not busy. I have rewatched all four seasons just last month to prepare for this. I think the dynamic between Uhtred and Alfred was phenomenal and will never be matched again for me.

Can’t wait. There are quite a few shows I’d say I thoroughly enjoy, and while some of them are probably better than TLK in some regards, this show just does something for me. I can sit and watch it for hours on end when I have a day that I’m not busy. I have rewatched all four seasons just last month to prepare for this. I think the dynamic between Uhtred and Alfred was phenomenal and will never be matched again for me.

Agreed. Them killing off Alfred was a big blow to the show in my opinion. He was a really good character.

Agreed. Them killing off Alfred was a big blow to the show in my opinion. He was a really good character.

Yes it took a turn after that, but I still enjoyed it. The one thing it did do is give them the opportunity for one of my favorite scenes ever. When Alfred finally has THE talk with Uhtred as he is dying I was so happy. I had been waiting for him to receive some acknowledgment for so long. And it was acted so well.

Reactions: BigOrangeCrush32
I was late to the game with this one. I am about half way through season 2. I really like it.

Just finished it. Sad to know it was the last season. I loved this show.

Edward allocating the men to help with Bebbanburg and the moment they united for the offensive actually made me tear up. I had been waiting for so long to see Uhtred have that moment.

Finally started season 5.

Episode 1 was a really strong starting episode. I’m already excited to see what happens next.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Finished up the final season. While it wasn’t my favorite show of all time, this season was really strong. Sad to see it go.

The only part of this season I absolutely hated was when Aelswith (the “grandmother” who was oddly played by a chick in her 20’s) killed the mercenary by the campfire. What a cringeworthy scene. There was another bad guy 20 feet from them and she felt the need to stand there and yell “I feel like Michael the Archangel” or something stupid like that. That whole scene was terrible.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
It was a decent series but that final season was the worst by far imo.

Nahhh no way. I liked Uhtred in this season better than the others. He’s much better as the quiet leader who’s had enough war, as opposed to the smirking sleezbag’ish type he was in other seasons.

VN Store

Back