The Last Dance - A 10-PART DOCUMENTARY EVENT

121776861_4126390600713084_3443358560186107064_o.jpg

Rodaman was a celebrity. Not a star basketball player.

He was a great REBOUNDER. So like I said a great ROLE player. He role was rebound and defense. He was great at those things. That is like saying Pat Bev or Marcus Smart is a star because he is a great defender and a good rebounder for his position.

40% to 100%

4 to 6

1 team to three handpicked teams

Two less teams in the league

MJ leading scorer in 80% of Finals games played. Lebron leading scorer in 42%.

Lets not even get into the All Stars played with.

More impressive easily.

Here's why I believe the 4 and 6 argument is such a bad one when it comes to LeBron's legacy.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Here's why I believe the 4 and 6 argument is such a bad one when it comes to LeBron's legacy.

It's really the dumbest **** ever. Somehow losing early in the playoffs makes your legacy better than losing in the finals. By that logic, Jimmy Butler lost ground to Giannis during this playoff. Makes no sense.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
It's really the dumbest **** ever. Somehow losing early in the playoffs makes your legacy better than losing in the finals. By that logic, Jimmy Butler lost ground to Giannis during this playoff. Makes no sense.

Yes, I saw the segment on Fox Sports where Nick Wright said Giannis had a better playoff performance this year than Butler, using the same standard that everyone uses against LeBron, and everyone on the panel scoffed and rolled their eyes.

We scoff and realize it's a ridiculous argument when that standard is applied to any player other than LeBron.

The idea that losing earlier in the playoffs, which would require terrible performances from LeBron in the ECF in most of those years, is baffling to me.

Rodaman was a celebrity. Not a star basketball player.

He was a great REBOUNDER. So like I said a great ROLE player. He role was rebound and defense. He was great at those things. That is like saying Pat Bev or Marcus Smart is a star because he is a great defender and a good rebounder for his position.

40% to 100%

4 to 6

1 team to three handpicked teams

Two less teams in the league

MJ leading scorer in 80% of Finals games played. Lebron leading scorer in 42%.

Lets not even get into the All Stars played with.

More impressive easily.

Agree with everything you said except about Rodman. He was locking down 300 lbs Shaq and he was only 220 lbs. Rodman was one of the best defenders to ever play. Bill Russell esq defender. Goofey as all hell, but Rodman was an animal. Not just rebounder. ENDLESS energy and effort on the court- antics aside. The Worm always got his.

An appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

I think it's fair to point out who the other greats think is the best but I also need to hear their reasons because there are really bad arguments on both sides. "He was creative" and "the league was tough" are not good reasons. "He was far more superior" is a good reason but it's completely a matter of opinion, high concept, and doesn't explain anything. Still, it's Hakeem and it counts for something.

I think it's fair to point out who the other greats think is the best but I also need to hear their reasons because there are really bad arguments on both sides. "He was creative" and "the league was tough" are not good reasons. "He was far more superior" is a good reason but it's completely a matter of opinion, high concept, and doesn't explain anything. Still, it's Hakeem and it counts for something.
The accolades have been posted several times. His career even before the second threepeat was more accomplished then LBJ's whole career.

Lebron is going to lap MJ on rebounds, assists, and possibly finals appearances but just say whatever pops in your head. It'll play.
Longevity stats and losses.

lmao

In that case Karl Malone is a top 5 player all time and the Bills are a great NFL dynasty.

Lets talk scoring titles, All NBA Defense, DPOY, MVPs, CHAMPIONSHIPS

Longevity stats and losses.

lmao

In that case Karl Malone is a top 5 player all time and the Bills are a great NFL dynasty.

Non sequitur

Lets talk scoring titles, All NBA Defense, DPOY, MVPs, CHAMPIONSHIPS

"In that case, Durant and AI are top 3 players and Bill Russell is the GOAT." - if I responded to you with non-sequitur BS

Non sequitur

"In that case, Durant and AI are top 3 players and Bill Russell is the GOAT." - if I responded to you with non-sequitur BS
So they have close to ten scoring titles and the most or even second most MVPs ever?

There is no comparison for any of MJ's accomplishments. Maybe Gretzky or Tiger at his peak.

So they have close to ten scoring titles and the most or even second most MVPs ever?

There is no comparison for any of MJ's accomplishments. Maybe Gretzky or Tiger at his peak.

MJ's accomplishments are great but number of scoring titles doesn't really matter that much to me. You apparently put a ton of value on it. Harden and Westbrook won 5 of the last 6 scoring titles and they are not top 5 players. 9 scoring titles is nice, but so is averaging 27, 7, and 7 for your career, with better efficiency. Most MVP's is nice, but so is being the best player in the league for a 13+ year run. They have different types of accomplishments, both astounding.

Last edited:
MJ's accomplishments are great but number of scoring titles doesn't really matter that much to me. You apparently put a ton of value on it. Harden and Westbrook won the last 4 scoring titles and they are not top 5 players. 10 finals appearances is more impressive than 9 scoring titles. Most MVP's is nice, but so is being the best player in the league for a 13+ year run. They have different types of accomplishments, both astounding.

10 scoring titles is way more impressive for an individual player than than 10 team TRIPS. Now ten wins would be another conversation.

Jordan was the best player for a decade no question. Lebron is not the best player in the league and was not for 13 years plus. About 7 or 8.
Kobe then Lebron, now KD or Giannis after him.

The East was weak. When he played good teams in the playoffs he lost. All of those trips beating 40 win Wizards teams don't impress most.

Finals appearances that are not wins have never been considered an accomplishment until people looked for something to praise LeBron about.

4 of 10 is bad. No way to spin it. He faced teams on his level in the Finals and isn't even .500.

They don't have different types. MJ just has more.

More MVPS, more titles, more DPOYS, more All NBA Defense.

In less time.

10 scoring titles is way more impressive for an individual player than than 10 team TRIPS. Now ten wins would be another conversation.

Jordan was the best player for a decade no question. Lebron is not the best player in the league and was not for 13 years plus. About 7 or 8.
Kobe then Lebron, now KD or Giannis after him.

The East was weak. When he played good teams in the playoffs he lost. All of those trips beating 40 win Wizards teams don't impress most.

Finals appearances that are not wins have never been considered an accomplishment until people looked for something to praise LeBron about.

4 of 10 is bad. No way to spin it. He faced teams on his level in the Finals and isn't even .500.

They don't have different types. MJ just has more.

More MVPS, more titles, more DPOYS, more All NBA Defense.

In less time.

It's not 4 out of 10 and it's not 6 out of 6, it's 6 out of 15 and 4 out of 17.

Conversely, it's 10 out of 17 and 6 out of 15.

It's not 4 out of 10 and it's not 6 out of 6, it's 6 out of 15 and 4 out of 17.

Conversely, it's 10 out of 17 and 6 out of 15.
Nope.

4 of 10 vs 6 of 6

Either that or don't bring up Finals appearances. Either we are talking Finals or all seasons.

So go all seasons and even include the Was years.

6 of 15 vs 4 of 17.

VN Store

Back