The Lady Vols need to...

That quote is ridiculous. Records in no way tell the whole story and certainly are not the end of the story. You might want to review what Tara V. said about this team. She probably knows a little bit more about basketball than you, me or anyone else on this forum.

Coach speak is pretty common

Reactions: Lucy
You are being way to analytical, you want to explain heart and soul (And that’s fine) but has nothing to do with my quote. Lady Vols have lost to every team that has been ranked (when we played them), and have beaten every unranked team (at the time they played them). So they are exactly what the record says, “middle of the road”. Maybe they improve, maybe they don’t, who knows. The record will tell eventually.

No, they're not "middle of the road." Middle of the road teams don't go into Maples, where even CPS had trouble winning, and play Stanford even or ahead for three quarters plus.

You seriously don't think we're as good as many of the Top 25 teams? And that we wouldn't beat some if not many of them at this point?

Exactly how long is this "road" anyway? You think there are over 150 teams ahead of us? You think any of the Top 25 teams look forward to seeing our "middle of the road" team...exactly as we are right now...in the tournaments ahead?

"Middle of the road." Preposterous.

Quoting Summitt, no further explanation or definition needed

Oh, you mean misquoting!

CPS used that phrase as a response to when circumstances are challenging. It meant, don't wilt, don't give up, don't feel sorry for yourself, toughen up.

She did not use it as a term of insult or disparagement, which has become whenever members of the incel crowd get into with an online debate with a woman.

Oh, you mean misquoting!

CPS used that phrase as a response to when circumstances are challenging. It meant, don't wilt, don't give up, don't feel sorry for yourself, toughen up.

She did not use it as a term of insult or disparagement, which has become whenever members of the incel crowd get into with an online debate with a woman.

Like I said "Toughen up, Buttercup." when circumstances are challenging. It meant, don't wilt, don't give up, don't feel sorry for yourself, toughen up.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Like I said "Toughen up, Buttercup." when circumstances are challenging. It meant, don't wilt, don't give up, don't feel sorry for yourself, toughen up.

Best not to leave digital tracks when trying to save face through misrepresentation:

Lucy said:
So why is Bill Parcell’s correct? Because he gives you a cute little packaged line to back up your need to Bxtch and Moan?
So here’s another NFL quote for you, C’mon Man!
[To which you responded]

"Toughen up, Buttercup."

So, don't hide behind Pat Summit's legacy, man up dude and own what you say.

I am not the first to notice that when you get behind in an argument you like to change the criteria or in this case the entire conversation. Not such a great look.

I do hope you at least bought one of those T-shirts instead of just using the digital image as a shield. The proceeds go to a good cause.

Reactions: Majors
I haven’t seen any of the other SEC teams so I am basing this on just basic knowledge of the other teams. Assuming we play at full strength (minus Key), I am encouraged by how this team has improved. Our improvement includes protecting the ball, good passing, finding the open player, and supporting each other. We also have 2 of the top 3 or 4 players in the league.
Not being a negavol but the 2 biggest weaknesses on the team IMO is PG play and not having an intimidator on defense under the basket. The center position looks like it will be by committee but I don’t know if it can handle Boston near the basket even with a committee. Luckily their is only 1 Boston in the league and maybe she will just have off games against us.
The next thing is PG. I think our PG play so far has been about average for SEC play. To be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the nation I think you need very good guard play and I haven’t seen that yet.
I think finishing 3rd is very realistic if we play at full strength. With some luck we might even sneak into the 2nd slot. Should be a good battle among 2-4 teams for the 2nd slot.
This season has been very interesting and SEC play will be fun to watch. Go Vols.

No, they're not "middle of the road." Middle of the road teams don't go into Maples, where even CPS had trouble winning, and play Stanford even or ahead for three quarters plus.

You seriously don't think we're as good as many of the Top 25 teams? And that we wouldn't beat some if not many of them at this point?

Exactly how long is this "road" anyway? You think there are over 150 teams ahead of us? You think any of the Top 25 teams look forward to seeing our "middle of the road" team...exactly as we are right now...in the tournaments ahead?

"Middle of the road." Preposterous.

14 teams in the SEC so ”middle of the road” mathematically would be somewhere before 5th and 8th place. Maybe a little better since only 3 SEC teams in the top 25 at this point. Time will tell.

VN Store

Back