The Juice: Episode 1 - New Beginnings

Yeah he seems like he's got a happy medium going on.

Seems laser focused.

im afraid for a few years that he will have to take a roster full of (how do I say this without insulting our roster?)....let’s just say a roster that is not chock full of All Stars and somehow coach them up into something that is somewhat competitive in the SEC.
Many of our best decided to go elsewhere.
thats nobody’s fault but it sure doesn’t help the new coaching staff.

im afraid for a few years that he will have to take a roster full of (how do I say this without insulting our roster?)....let’s just say a roster that is not chock full of All Stars and somehow coach them up into something that is somewhat competitive in the SEC.
Many of our best decided to go elsewhere.
thats nobody’s fault but it sure doesn’t help the new coaching staff.
Currently recruiting a bunch of 4 stars.... it’s a nice narrative though

Look at how JH explains to Hooker about getting stretched out when riding the ball with the running back.He shows Hooker how he becomes out of balance and the time it takes to recover from "riding" the ball in the men's gut.Now remember the times you saw the running back fake.and how stretched out our man's got and how long it took to get balance back.The timing of the play is then shot.Just a little thing explained by Heupel to change the post timing of a.play.Not seen.this kind of.teaching done here in years.Go Josh and go Big Orange.

HB was making some nice throws there the few seconds I got to see. Also, he seems to be enjoying him self more and smiling more compared to the few times I got to see him last season. I’m holding on to some hope here.

Eh, the "go 1-0 today" reminds me a little too much of "snap and clear" but im on board. Let's go win some games

I really don't want to be excited, so I think I'll stick with cautious optimism. There were some quality coaching tidbits in there but the reality comes when the kids have been told 7 or 8 times across multiple practices; those will be the coaching moments I want to see from this staff to really know what they're made of.

And I'm glad to see they're still using masks consistently. As a devotee of Wim Hof, Breathing Gym, and breath resistance training, I can say it's going to give them better respiration quality come game day. Good stuff.

Feel free to post any research you’ve done on the safety of wearing a mask while exercising.

Some pros athletes were wearing breath restricting masks, before covid, to potentially increase cardiovascular health. These coaches and athletes are just following university guidelines.
You gotta overlook some posters.
Morans gonna moran.
Anti maskers think using the term face diapers makes them appear intelligent and witty.

I totally understand the wait and see approach, but I will say Coach Hype doesn’t come as an arrogant prick, military boot camp type coach (Pruitt) and he doesn’t seem fake like Butch where he and all his coaches bought cars to impress recruits.
I get the vibe too. These guys come off as actual good dudes who like football and like to coach. Refreshing so far

In my experiences as a player and assistant coaching, any head coach that openly walks around with a spit cup is usually pretty good.

Reactions: gdean92
I think I'll take a wait and see approach. A new staff always brings a degree of excitement. It's kind of like the football version of the new car smell. Eventually, that smell fades. When I saw the first part of that video, I flashed back to another time when I, too, had visions of UT returning to being the UT of old.

Yep, we’ve all seen this show during the last several coaching hires. Hope that this will be different.

You gotta overlook some posters.
Morans gonna moran.
Anti maskers think using the term face diapers makes them appear intelligent and witty.

I respect your opinion, but this is what I hate in our forum, lack of respect if our opinions differ. Maybe it just reminds me too much of the political divide being pushed in our country currently. I come here to share sports and not to see people be called morans or names. Wish we could avoid that.

I really think if God thought man would eventually need additional masks He would have put filters in our nose and mouth.

Last edited:
I think I like this video better than all of the other hype videos they have released. At least we get to see some practice in real speed. Not just hitting pads.

Reactions: FBtime
Those Bailey throws 👀👀👀

HB will flash in this offense when the lights come on. People emphasis watching Maurer or Hooker throw in skeleton drills and act like 15 is behind.

Regardless, our QB situation is much better than most new coaches inherit when they step into a complete carve out.

I totally understand the wait and see approach, but I will say Coach Hype doesn’t come as an arrogant prick, military boot camp type coach (Pruitt) and he doesn’t seem fake like Butch where he and all his coaches bought cars to impress recruits.
Completely agreed. Heupel is a battle tested coach with high degree of success after a wildly successful career as a player where he made his own breaks happen (juco to heisman finalist, nc etc.) I’d call his approach more authentic at least.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
LMAO Tennessee is the only place I would leave Cincinnati for. That guy was shoveling it from day one.

Lol, I've been there, I have relatives from there. Pete freakin' ROSE doesn't wanna live in Cincinnati. They put chili on spaghetti fer cryin' out loud.

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back