The (many) indictments of Donald Trump

Osama Bin Laden felt pretty safe, too, as long as others wore the suicide vest.
Still not getting your point.
It seems like you are speaking of the dangers of incendiary speech. If so, we're on the same page.
If you're maintaining (without blue font) that my comment was incendiary, we're not on the same page.
On the incendiary speech continuum, "lock her up" lies on one end, my comment lies on the other.
Trump's latest comments about his impending arrest lie on one end, my comment on the other.
Let's try to keep a little perspective.

One primary component is viewing the left as the enemy.
That the only way to move the country forward is to increase divisiveness.
Another would be the belief that MSM news sources are as left as Fox is right.
A fourth would be that the 2020 election was stolen.
Fifth, Jan. 6th was an appropriate response.
Interesting, I would say that your first two points apply to the left just as readily as they do to the right. The current division is clearly a two way street. It takes two to tango as the old saying goes.
But as promised; my definition of Trumpism as differentiated from normal constitutional conservatism:
The placing of personal enmity and vendetta over policy. Trump makes everything about himself, his ego allows nothing else.
That is why I see him as destructive. I guess that is probably matches with your definition of seeing the opposition as the enemy.
I want constitutional principles and traditional values because I see them as the best way to run society, as indicated by history and experience. Not because those who oppose it are “evil” but because they are sadly mistaken about what works and what doesn’t. Wishing to run society on emotion and wishes instead of reason and reality. I wish to teach the other side, not destroy them.

Still not getting your point.
It seems like you are speaking of the dangers of incendiary speech. If so, we're on the same page.
If you're maintaining (without blue font) that my comment was incendiary, we're not on the same page.
On the incendiary speech continuum, "lock her up" lies on one end, my comment lies on the other.
Trump's latest comments about his impending arrest lie on one end, my comment on the other.
Let's try to keep a little perspective.

How much does visual communication versus merely the written word weigh on your continuum?

Trump typically had a smile on his face as did most of the crowd when “Lock her up” was being chanted. Trumps rallies were full of laughter, and sarcasm as well. Lastly, we have the benefit of tone.

Your post however lacks all of those elements. Let’s say someone was brand new to the PF and that was the 1st post they read. How would they receive the information?

Did you consider all of these factors in your continuum?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Interesting, I would say that your first two points apply to the left just as readily as they do to the right. The current division is clearly a two way street. It takes two to tango as the old saying goes.
But as promised; my definition of Trumpism as differentiated from normal constitutional conservatism:
The placing of personal enmity and vendetta over policy. Trump makes everything about himself, his ego allows nothing else.
That is why I see him as destructive. I guess that is probably matches with your definition of seeing the opposition as the enemy.
I want constitutional principles and traditional values because I see them as the best way to run society, as indicated by history and experience. Not because those who oppose it are “evil” but because they are sadly mistaken about what works and what doesn’t. Wishing to run society on emotion and wishes instead of reason and reality. I wish to teach the other side, not destroy them.
Emotion and wishes.....that sounds more right than left to me.
Reason and reality......that sounds far more left than right to me.
History and experience shows that the rights and acceptance of minority groups will eventually be recognized, no matter how hard those adverse to change and progress resist.

But at least we would both rather teach the other side than destroy them.

How much does visual communication versus merely the written word weigh on your continuum?

Trump typically had a smile on his face as did most of the crowd when “Lock her up” was being chanted. Trumps rallies were full of laughter, and sarcasm as well. Lastly, we have the benefit of tone.

Your post however lacks all of those elements. Let’s say someone was brand new to the PF and that was the 1st post they read. How would they receive the information?

Did you consider all of these factors in your continuum?
I did. No comparison.
But again, I credit those on the left with enough sense to differentiate between "eliminate Trump" and "eliminate Trump nonsense"

Has Antifa infiltrated Trump protests? Demonstrator with ANARCHIST Tattoo on his Neck is spotted Whipping Trump supporters into a frenzy in Manhattan

A protestor was caught whipping Trump supporters into a frenzy in Manhattan, just moments after he covered an 'anarchist' tattoo commonly worn by Antifa agitators.

Leading a chant of 'Let's go Trump!', the man started questioning another protestor's allegiance to the former president - ahead of his potential indictment by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg.

Not long before leading the frenzy, he was spotted by a photojournalist on the scene hiding a tattoo of the anarchist 'A' symbol emblazoned on his neck.

The suspicious appearance comes after years of speculation from Trump's base that Antifa instigators join their events to incite violence.

68968215-11888067-image-a-33_1679451113310.jpg

Moment Antifa infiltrator screams at protestor in 'Trump Shaman' outfit for 'wearing a wire' | Daily Mail Online

Looks like the Manhattan Grand Jury May not meet again until next week. 😂
Man, if they don’t get an indictment AGAIN, how with the lefties be able to cope?
4EF8DE77-AE9E-4575-B0EF-88D7BE650709.gif
Almost had it 😂😂😂

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood
I did. No comparison.
But again, I credit those on the left with enough sense to differentiate between "eliminate Trump" and "eliminate Trump nonsense"

Fair enough.

Have you considered a scenario in which your amazing, well thought out posting history has generated a following? In this scenario a forum lurker is actively searching for your post. But they are either busy or visually impaired so they rely on a text to speech reader. They are listening to your post and hear “If I were a citizen that cared about his country, I would have done whatever possible to eliminate the Trump”. And right then before your quote could be completed, the reader malfunctions and shuts off or their headphones die. Right now they are actively formulating a plan to “ eliminate the Trump”.

What level of responsibility are you willing to accept for radicalizing them?

Fair enough.

Have you considered a scenario in which your amazing, well thought out posting history has generated a following? In this scenario a forum lurker is actively searching for your post. But they are either busy or visually impaired so they rely on a text to speech reader. They are listening to your post and hear “If I were a citizen that cared about his country, I would have done whatever possible to eliminate the Trump”. And right then before your quote could be completed, the reader malfunctions and shuts off or their headphones die. Right now they are actively formulating a plan to “ eliminate the Trump”.

What level of responsibility are you willing to accept for radicalizing them?
I have to admit that I did not consider that scenario.

Trump has Raised $1.5 Million in MAGA Donations since he warned he would be arrested: Campaign reveals cash windfall as he attacks Ron DeSantis for chatting with 'ratings challenged' Piers Morgan

Donald Trump's likely indictment in New York has triggered a funding avalanche, with donors giving $1.5 million in the three days after the former president announced he was expecting to be arrested.

It marks a significant surge in fundraising following a slow start after Trump announced his 2024 presidential run in November.

The Trump campaign confirmed the numbers to DailyMail.com and said the money continued to roll in, fueled by grassroots anger at the treatment of Trump.

Trump has raised $1.5 million in MAGA donations since he warned he would be arrested | Daily Mail Online

Didn't she loose a car and has to pay Trump like 300k? And your thrilled because of tweets and nicknames....so sad and deluded that you think this has any impact on anyone but small minded Dems
It’s you’re and lose…so sad that you’re illiterate but it explains your position on things

Reactions: whodeycin85
Somebody better check in with evillawyer. I think he had big party plans and champagne on ice since yesterday morning. Know he has to have the sads today

VN Store

Back