The (many) indictments of Donald Trump

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Based on what I am seeing - prepare for a Trump indictment. They have gone so far now, they HAVE to bring one. I'm sure they are going to find something in that pile of docs hastily packed by GSA and shipped to Trump that they will claim is "still classified". And they know it because its been sitting there for 18 months and they have been there on previous visits to catalogue it. I can see on Tucker and others that they are maneuvering to get ahead of it. That likely means their inside sources are telling them what to expect.

This will lead to a Trump indictment, you heard it here. There is almost no other possible path for the Biden admin and the alphabet agencies. That will almost assuredly lead to a conviction by a Democrat Judge in a DC court and almost as likely to be overturned when it reaches this Supreme Court. This has nothing to do with right or wrong, and hardly even the law really, since almost anyone understands this would not even be an issue except that Trump may be running again and could very well win. So let us put away pretenses of why we each believe what should or should not happen but rather to address these actions with the understanding that is a pure amoral grab for power. All the rest are but pasties on the trollop to fool the simple that all is as it should be.

Meanwhile, 2 things will be happening:
1) very hard for Trump to run since theoretically conviction from this offense is a bar to holding federal office (or that will be the argument). His strongest supporters will grow even more enraged but a good number will have some hesitation because what happens if Trump is the candidate but then legally is barred from holding office?
2) this will suck all political air from anyone else who even is thinking of running as news stories will breathlessly give us updates every day. That's on the Republican side at least. Dems will line up to see which progressive poodle can condemn Trump the most virulently.

Perhaps worse still - there is virtually no chance that the alphabets can allow a Republican who is not a corporatist member of the swamp to be elected. If Trump is still running or if Trump is disqualified and DeSantis is the nominee, election cheating will be on a scale even previously unknown and actively assisted by agency leadership (not rank and file) and any assigned operatives. They simply cannot allow them to win because after indicting Trump, there will be enormous pressure on the next GOP president to liquidate the FBI as an agency and reform many of the others. Provided there is a GOP congress, it is likely the votes and appetite will be there for some major agency reform. Even without it, Trump's "Schedule F" initiative makes it possible to basically fire every political appointee and he would be vengeful and ruthless in doing so if elected. DeSantis is likely to be more surgical but use the same mechanism to eliminate every federal employee that he sees as a possible threat to his administration or policy.

This means that once the indictment, I am predicting here, is pushed forward, we will have entered a period where we essentially have a junta run by the federal leo/intelligence agencies (though some would claim we were well on the path in 2020, with the first attempt in 2016). The removal of Trump at any cost is a blatant political power grab. They cannot then let go of it to risk someone may hold them responsible for their actions. The Democratic nominee would simply be the window dressing, though they would have wide latitude on most policy issues. Consider the model long held by places like Pakistan, where there are contentious elections but the real arbiter of power is the Army.

This is a path to a civil uprising once people understand that there can be no real election anymore (which may take more than a single cycle since the media will be selling the election results hard). When the next Jan 6 happens, however, the 1M+ protestors may come fully armed to DC. What will happen then? Meanwhile, our enemies, both China and Russia will use the social media to amplify our dissent. The very social fabric ripped apart.

This is not what I want to happen but once the die is cast, each subsequent step is a logical conclusion for each side to make in their own self interest. It is why we should not have gotten here.

Let us see if I am right about the indictment. For those of you progressive Vols (or anyone else) who claims I am fancifully imaging unreasonable scenarios rather than predicting entrance to the road to hell for our democracy and our country - please be so kind as to share your own expectation of events following if Trump is indeed indicted? and if you expect that will happen?

Indeed, please tell me I am wrong - a hopeful word would be good this morning.

Last edited:
Solid post, I don't believe he will be indicted but I do believe the left will try to play the long game again to hold off any momentum they can stop. The American people are growing tired of "yet another" in regards to trying a different way to stop Trump. Best case for them, let time do away with Trump if were to run and win and revisit in 2028.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I doubt that he is indicted. But to the rest of your post I'm in agreement, only approved candidates that will carry the status quo forward will be allowed in the oval office from here on out.

I don't see how they justify this grab without an indictment following it. I can see that the Republicans most connected are trying to get ahead of the story by shifting the lines from "if" to "when". In the past, that usually means they are hearing things we have not heard yet.

Once he is indicted, how do we not start down that path? People fool themselves all the time to think that nothing more than what they plan will come of their actions. Im sure that the Black Hand set out to assassinate the Archduke, or the Germans sinking the Lusitania, or the Bolsheviks the Romanovs, they could not have known how far it would reverberate.

The constitution sets requirements for POTUS. Not congress. They can't stop him from running. This was already looked into with Hillary. Sure some loud mouths will claim he can't run but they are wrong.

Absolutely he can run - unless convicted. But the question will be if the GOP will fully back him if he may be technically disqualified at a late hour after he wins the GOP nomination.

I don't see how they justify this grab without an indictment following it. I can see that the Republicans most connected are trying to get ahead of the story by shifting the lines from "if" to "when". In the past, that usually means they are hearing things we have not heard yet.

Once he is indicted, how do we not start down that path? People fool themselves all the time to think that nothing more than what they plan will come of their actions. Im sure that the Black Hand set out to assassinate the Archduke, or the Germans sinking the Lusitania, or the Bolsheviks the Romanovs, they could not have known how far it would reverberate.

My thinking is that they don't need to indict him, just drag this out long enough to keep him out of the race, any other R candidate running for the nomination will be on the approved "make no real waves" list. Even DeSantis.

My thinking is that they don't need to indict him, just drag this out long enough to keep him out of the race, any other R candidate running for the nomination will be on the approved "make no real waves" list. Even DeSantis.
Can they drag this out 2 years without an indictment or even with?

The constitution sets requirements for POTUS. Not congress. They can't stop him from running. This was already looked into with Hillary. Sure some loud mouths will claim he can't run but they are wrong.
I don’t even know where the “he can’t run” idea is coming from. He can run from a prison cell if he wanted to.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Absolutely he can run - unless convicted. But the question will be if the GOP will fully back him if he may be technically disqualified at a late hour after he wins the GOP nomination.
And that is the end goal. The left is scared to death of DJT because he actually wants good things for this country

Now I don’t believe there is anyone so despicable that the American voters won’t elect. Child molester? Sure. Mass murderer? Why not? As long as he is willing to lie about and trash immigrants, Muslims, pro choice people, the media and everyone else who disagrees with them, so-called Evangelical Christians will lap it all up and passionately support him.

Right now, I don’t know who I find more disgusting, Trump or his supporters.

This forum has become a right-wing conspiracy theory comedy of errors. A place where mentally ill jokers can come for affirmation.

Now I don’t believe there is anyone so despicable that the American voters won’t elect. Child molester? Sure. Mass murderer? Why not? As long as he is willing to lie about and trash immigrants, Muslims, pro choice people, the media and everyone else who disagrees with them, so-called Evangelical Christians will lap it all up and passionately support him.

This forum has become a right-wing conspiracy theory comedy of errors. A place where mentally ill jokers can come for affirmation.
I am here for the LOLs.

Cool story, bro. In the meantime, you can continue to vote for people like AOC, Omar, Nadler, Schiff and so on. People who have idolized Che, Alinsky, and Robert Ayers.

So, preventing a foreign agent, actively undermining the country from running again is actually a bad thing? Who knew? Screech on about how taking the democracy part out of our government is somehow a good thing all you want.

Most likely Trump beats the charges and will be back in it in the next election, or maybe his designated successor. The fascist thesis he represents going against the out of touch antithesis of Biden will clear the way for the synthesis, who I think will be Corker.

VN Store

Back