The Grill and BBQ thread

Did a 7lb brisket using the vertsmoke method. 4-5 hours until it reaches 165, then foilboat it with the fat cap up. When it reaches 205, wrap it in pink butcher paper with plenty of melted tallow and place it in the oven for up to 10 hours. Wife said it’s my best yet and that was with an unscheduled stall when the pellet pan got glutted and to be cleared partway.
IMG_2508.jpegIMG_2509.jpegIMG_2511.jpeg

I've got a question for the folks with flat tops...... Blackstones, etc.

Am looking to pull the trigger on one soon. Have a family of 5 and entertain on occasion.

28" 2 burner or 36" 4 burner?

Through researching a bit seems the majority say go bigger.

What are y'alls thoughts?

@JCHateSteve
@theFallGuy

Edit: Another question. Would it be usable on an enclosed porch or too much smoke? I know it will smoke a lot when seasoning, but talking about cooking in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCHateSteve

Am looking to pull the trigger on one soon. Have a family of 5 and entertain on occasion.

@JCHateSteve
@theFallGuy

Edit: Another question. Would it be usable on an enclosed porch or too much smoke? I know it will smoke a lot when seasoning, but talking about cooking in general.
I use mine in a car port without issue. If it's totally enclosed you might want a hood over it I guess.

Go with the 36 inch 4 burner. I'm cooking for 3 and on a 30 inch 2 burner from lowes and I occasionally want more space. Especially for fried rice. Even smash burgers are a little tight. You usually cook double burgers for those and they taken up tons of room when you first smash them.

@JCHateSteve
@theFallGuy

I have a 36 inch . I think it would be perfect for your needs.

I use mine in a car port without issue. If it's totally enclosed you might want a hood over it I guess.

Go with the 36 inch 4 burner. I'm cooking for 3 and on a 30 inch 2 burner from lowes and I occasionally want more space. Especially for fried rice. Even smash burgers are a little tight. You usually cook double burgers for those and they taken up tons of room when you first smash them.

Thanks! Was what I thought. I'm gonna go with the bigger one.

Looking forward to it!

Gonna be like.......

PuqO8m.gif

Porch is about 8 x 16 with screens all the way around. Seems should be ok. If not I do have a carport where I keep my smoker.

VN Store

Back