The good and bad of the nation"s top teams

omghulkhands

Anyone with ESPN insider care to share Fran Fraschilla and Doug Gottlieb's The good and bad of the nation"s top teams article?

Basically he likes our smothering half-court defense, and thinks Goins is the real deal. He thinks that our harassing defense is also our downfall though because we foul too much.

I agree, we are allowing some teams to stay in the game at the free-throw line. I love our half-court defense, but we've got to try to cut down on the numerous fouls.

College basketball in general has gotten out of hand on blowing the whistle. I saw terrible calls in the Pitt game, but I also saw a lot of no calls where the guy was smacked in the face. Seems to me that the refs are focusing on the new rule changes that have given rise to the ticky tack calls like hand checking or where you position yourself in the post.

Not sure if it will die down or not, but it has gotten to the point where you see 45 to 50 calls a game (unbearable to watch sometimes!), and not just UT games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

As long as the officiating is consistent on any given night for both sides, I don't mind how they call it. As long as it gives both teams a fair shot it matters notta

He likes our defense and he thinks we foul too much. Praises Melvin Goins but says we have 5 players averaging 5 fouls per 40 mins.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back