The Golf Thread

Cool seeing the PGA right down the road from me at the concession. Very entertaining tourney so far. Punishing course but beautiful. Amazing they could pull it off with just 46 days notice.

Reactions: peaygolf
Somebody just posted Barnsley Gardens. I was up there a couple of years ago and it's nice.

Brasstown Valley Resort over on the GA/NC line - nice hotel and golf course.

Also, a few miles east of there, Sky Valley is pretty neat too. You can be in Clayton, GA or Cashiers/Highlands, NC from there in about 15-20 minutes.
Biltmore GC or Grandfather G & CC...if you can get on.

Sequoyah National is really good for a public trac...as is Balsam Mountain

Suggestions Please...usually play the Ocean Course when in Charleston. It has an even the day I could play this trip. Options please.
Wild Dunes Links? Or on down to HH to Harbor Town?

Suggestions Please...usually play the Ocean Course when in Charleston. It has an even the day I could play this trip. Options please.

Cougar Point and Turtle Point at Kiawah are both well worth playing along with The Ocean Course, I haven't played Oak Point, but I would assume it's a winner too.

Cougar Point and Turtle Point at Kiawah are both well worth playing along with The Ocean Course, I haven't played Oak Point, but I would assume it's a winner too.

I concur on all the Kiawah courses. I have played all of them and none are open on that Monday I have to play. Thanks

Harbour Town might be my favorite course on planet Earth. Best set of Par 3s anywhere.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
The worst is when the wind is blowing down the sound toward the ocean. 17 is a rough crosswind and then 18 plays about 450 over a marsh to a green that looks about the size of a pool table from the fairway.

I plugged one in the bunker on 17 and bailed so short and right on 18 it was close to embarrassing. Glad I played it, but I'm not hankering to play it again.

I plugged one in the bunker on 17 and bailed so short and right on 18 it was close to embarrassing. Glad I played it, but I'm not hankering to play it again.
Bailing right on 18 is a way of life. I’ve probably played it about 10 times and I’ll bet I’ve hit the 18th green maybe twice. It’s just a scary shot.

Hadn't touched a club in 5 weeks and got in the clubhouse with a 7 over 79 today. I left 2 birdie and 2 par putts dead in the heart but short, other than that I was pleased with the way I hit it today. Dormant Bermuda rough sucks after a layoff.

Reactions: peaygolf
Hadn't touched a club in 5 weeks and got in the clubhouse with a 7 over 79 today. I left 2 birdie and 2 par putts dead in the heart but short, other than that I was pleased with the way I hit it today. Dormant Bermuda rough sucks after a layoff.
The worst part this time of year for me is that I haven't played much and my short game isn't great, then I'm met with a bunch of dormant, thin lies in collection areas around the greens. "Please don't chunk it" is not a great swing thought.

Reactions: Y9 Vol

VN Store

Back