The Golf Thread

Found these pictures today. This is me on the range in 1985 when I was about 35. Back then I got it back to parallel. Nowadays I probably don’t get the club much further back than that picture of my downswing

Attachments

• C1E44ADC-7FC4-4247-8FF2-3EB33E5DD8FD.jpeg
    C1E44ADC-7FC4-4247-8FF2-3EB33E5DD8FD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 841E1D5B-F512-4019-9344-C15FD55D70BE.jpeg
    841E1D5B-F512-4019-9344-C15FD55D70BE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Found these pictures today. This is me on the range in 1985 when I was about 35. Back then I got it back to parallel. Nowadays I probably don’t get the club much further back than that picture of my downswing
Those positions are about as classic as it gets. That finish is the PGA Tour logo.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Any interest in me setting up the First Annual VN Scramble this spring? I have connections at the Bear Trace courses. I am thinking Harrison Bay, for the players south of TN line, OR Crossville, for a central TN location.
What say ye?

I might be interested depending on the dates involved and it not interfering with any of my other golf trips planned. I am in East TN but am willing to travel to just about any destination that is chosen by all interested parties and worthy.

Tomorrow looks amazing, a little brisk but a lot of sunshine. Anybody hitting them up?

Beautiful day, hope more got to enjoy it.
2EE43FFB-3F02-47F3-8ACE-2303EBCCD30A.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_4085.jpeg.260546a0b1d23268ad483e55a0919467.jpeg

Bubba? Iron covers???????
More like "Bitch Mittens"

IMG_4085.jpeg.260546a0b1d23268ad483e55a0919467.jpeg

Bubba? Iron covers???????
More like "Bitch Mittens"
Probably a little ridiculous for a pro unless their getting a residual check for every time the name PING flashes on screen, but I don't get bent out of shape when a weekend golfer uses them. I had some on my brand new APs when I got them 8 or 9 years ago and eventually dumped them as they started getting wear and tear from normal use. But for just a little while I wanted those chrome beauties to stay as perfect as possible.

Probably a little ridiculous for a pro unless their getting a residual check for every time the name PING flashes on screen, but I don't get bent out of shape when a weekend golfer uses them. I had some on my brand new APs when I got them 8 or 9 years ago and eventually dumped them as they started getting wear and tear from normal use. But for just a little while I wanted those chrome beauties to stay as perfect as possible.
To each their own, but real players don't use them.
Nicks and dings are rites of passage and portals to your golf soul.......;):)

To each their own, but real players don't use them.
Nicks and dings are rites of passage and portals to your golf soul.......;):)
I have learned over the years that the marks on the club face are ultimately what matter most. However, if someone wants to protect their investment, more power to them. I appreciate your input my friend. :cool:

Reactions: peaygolf
My old man response is . . . why the hell would anybdoy even want to do that?
I don't even like to play 36; much less 101. Half the time, I lose focus at about 11 lol.

Not sure why anybody would tackle that either. There was a day that I really enjoyed playing 36, but that day is gone. I stil play 27 frequently, but at 55 yrs it's all I've got in me anymore.

USGA, R&A propose Equipment Standards Changes that could include Different Rules for elite players

For the first time, golf's governing bodies appear poised to allow for significant rules differences between elite players and other golfers as a way to combat the distance gains the sport has seen with the advancement of technology.

Known as "bifurcation,'' it would mean the professional tours and elite amateur competitions could require competitors to use equipment that is restricted while allowing everyday players the benefits that those technological gains bring them.

USGA, R&A propose equipment standard changes

Doable I guess, but hard for me to believe.

View attachment 347717

Eight of my buddies and I did a 100 hole day, on a Monday when the club is closed, to raise funds for the Christian schools our kids attended. We had our kids solicit per hole donations for us. My two kids were able to make my 100 holes be worth over $10K for the school. (We raised over $75K total) Of course I was in my 30s and a much better golfer than I am now. It was fun!

VN Store

Back