The Golf Thread

Caledonia, True Blue were amazing. I miss living in Myrtle...

I play there at least 3 times a year, played just about every course between Pawleys and Wilmington at one time or another. My sister lives in North Myrtle in Little River, so I tend to mostly play the North end courses now. Caledonia and True Blue are both fabulous courses and beautiful, but my favorite layout in that area was always Blackmoor, love that golf course !

I play there at least 3 times a year, played just about every course between Pawleys and Wilmington at one time or another. My sister lives in North Myrtle in Little River, so I tend to mostly play the North end courses now. Caledonia and True Blue are both fabulous courses and beautiful, but my favorite layout in that area was always Blackmoor, love that golf course !

I’m fond of a lot of tracks on the strip but there’s something about Wild Wing I really like. When it’s in good shape it’s a lot of fun to play.

I’m fond of a lot of tracks on the strip but there’s something about Wild Wing I really like. When it’s in good shape it’s a lot of fun to play.
Wild Wing from tips is really long, but a really good layout. I still love Legends courses, Oyster Bay too.

I liked Wild Wing much better before all the Condo construction. It was top of the line when they had 3 courses in play. Played The Avocet course 3 days after they had the SC amateur tournament there and the greens were lightning fast, as fast as any PGA tour stop course I've ever played. My sister had her weddding reception there at Wild Wing, what a rainy and drunken night that was.

I liked Wild Wing much better before all the Condo construction. It was top of the line when they had 3 courses in play. Played The Avocet course 3 days after they had the SC amateur tournament there and the greens were lightning fast, as fast as any PGA tour stop course I've ever played. My sister had her weddding reception there at Wild Wing, what a rainy and drunken night that was.

The avocet is the only one I’ve played and the last time was a couple years ago. I like that it is basically secluded and the course itself is nice too.

Yeah we played a lot of tournaments at golf school there, fast greens but we loved them.

I don't know if any of you watched the match yesterday between Mickelson/Barkley and Curry/Manning but Mickelson did a fantastic job of coaching Barkley around the golf course. Not only in strategy, but praising him for good shots and not letting him get down on himself for bad ones. I think that is a big reason why they won. Of course, Manning and Currie played not smart golf at times. Their misses mostly wound up in all the wrong places. The match showed the difference in the mental approach of a pro versus that of an amateur.

I don't know if any of you watched the match yesterday between Mickelson/Barkley and Curry/Manning but Mickelson did a fantastic job of coaching Barkley around the golf course. Not only in strategy, but praising him for good shots and not letting him get down on himself for bad ones. I think that is a big reason why they won. Of course, Manning and Currie played not smart golf at times. Their misses mostly wound up in all the wrong places. The match showed the difference in the mental approach of a pro versus that of an amateur.

It was fun to watch. I think Curry and Manning were getting aggravated with one another a little by the end. Curry was suppose to be a plus cap but didn’t play like it yesterday.

It was fun to watch. I think Curry and Manning were getting aggravated with one another a little by the end. Curry was suppose to be a plus cap but didn’t play like it yesterday.
He hit several wayward shots and stupid shots. You could tell they were competitors. They didn't like getting beat.

It shows even decent golfers are not even close to the professional level. I can relate to their bunker game.
Yep. Manning is not good enough out of the traps for them to save par when Curry leaves him with some of the trap shots he had to hit. Curry would miss it in the wrong place, and they were doomed.

Any interest in me setting up the First Annual VN Scramble this spring? I have connections at the Bear Trace courses. I am thinking Harrison Bay, for the players south of TN line, OR Crossville, for a central TN location.
What say ye?

Any interest in me setting up the First Annual VN Scramble this spring? I have connections at the Bear Trace courses. I am thinking Harrison Bay, for the players south of TN line, OR Crossville, for a central TN location.
What say ye?
I would think Knoxville is the place to have it. Maybe Sevierville. But i am down to play.

What say ye?
Do you play BTTF often? Who is your connection there?

VN Store

Back