The Golf Thread

One of the greatest shots of my life was on 8. Playing a horrific right to left wind I was aiming right of the pond entirely with I think an 8 iron. I hit the ball high naturally and the ball carried all the way over to center of the green, less than 4 ft for birdie.

One of my best high school friends bounced one across the frozen pond with his tee shot on nine. Made par. I'll never forget that.

I haven’t kept up w rule changes but this sequence seemed a little bizarre capped off with this drop. Since when has the USGA allowed the sorority squat knee drop?
B55BD850-2189-45F1-86F8-E491C22D4D18.jpeg

Also, I don’t think you should be able to improve your lie from a drop. If you’re in the rough the ball should have to remain in the rough

Link doesn’t work. But I googled it. Reasoning is pretty dumb
Drop from knee high ensures randomness of where ball ends up, and increases chance it stays in the area of relief. It also limits how much a ball can embed in the sand in a bunker, compared to shoulder height drop.

Drop from knee high ensures randomness of where ball ends up, and increases chance it stays in the area of relief. It also limits how much a ball can embed in the sand in a bunker, compared to shoulder height drop.
How often does that happen? Basically none. Instead it essentially allows players to place their ball which is not that random.

Bryson DeChambeau won U.S. Open today finishing six under par, the only golfer UN red numbers. Amazing. Equally disappointing was Rory McIlroy, whose whiney rant was embarrassing. :rolleyes:

VN Store

Back