The Golf Thread

I enjoyed the new format this week. Glad to see Rory win it. I like watching Brooks for how good he is, but his attitude gets to me sometimes. Think he needed a gut check, maybe today was it.

Reactions: Orangeblood98'
I enjoyed the new format this week. Glad to see Rory win it. I like watching Brooks for how good he is, but his attitude gets to me sometimes. Think he needed a gut check, maybe today was it.
The weighted scoring was definitely a step in the right direction. It was dumb to go through a playoff and then not have the winner be the champion.

Anyone have a personal list of the best, your favorite, public golf courses from the NC border to west- west Knoxville?

In college late 90's I loved River Islands and Willow Creek, Egwani Farms and 3 Ridges were ok. I haven't played in Knoxville since then so any info is greatly appreciated, I'm planning to play both Sunday and Monday. Which 2 would you play for your 2 rounds?

ones above?
Ruggles Ferry?
Dead Horse?
Avalon?
Centenial
Rarity Bay
Toqua

suggestions.....

Anyone have a personal list of the best, your favorite, public golf courses from the NC border to west- west Knoxville?

In college late 90's I loved River Islands and Willow Creek, Egwani Farms and 3 Ridges were ok. I haven't played in Knoxville since then so any info is greatly appreciated, I'm planning to play both Sunday and Monday. Which 2 would you play for your 2 rounds?

ones above?
Ruggles Ferry?
Dead Horse?
Avalon?
Centenial
Rarity Bay
Toqua

suggestions.....
I love River Islands, Centennial, and Avalon

Reactions: tennvols77
That looks nice, little less than 2 hours away. Might have to try to make it a day trip sometime
Where you from? Yeah look us up.. Weekday 37$ for 18, 34$ age 55 and up.. After 2pm twilight 28$.. Weekend 42$. Solid golf course, 7100 yards from Blues, 6550 whites. I just took the assistant job out there full time, love it. We are literally right,beside 81, can see us from the road. Right at base of the mountain in the valley.

Where you from? Yeah look us up.. Weekday 37$ for 18, 34$ age 55 and up.. After 2pm twilight 28$.. Weekend 42$. Solid golf course, 7100 yards from Blues, 6550 whites. I just took the assistant job out there full time, love it. We are literally right,beside 81, can see us from the road. Right at base of the mountain in the valley.
Elizabethton, TN. I checked out the website, looked really nice.

I love River Islands, Centennial, and Avalon

Don’t play River Islands just yet. Word is it’s in rough shape.

Some new folks have taken it over and my understanding is it’s getting revamped and the name will be changing soon.

Knox folks, anyone know what happened to Pine Lakes? Apparently it shut down?

Some new folks have taken it over and my understanding is it’s getting revamped and the name will be changing soon.

I've played River Island a lot, this year was in rough shape, havent been in a while

Sup guys and gals? I’m a golf nut and didn’t even know we had a golf thread. Awesome. Can’t wait for the season to start in Hawaii.

Pine lakes was my home course as a kid. I believe the word is the city or airport bought the land and there will be a road that goes directly to the airport using part of the course. That’s what I’ve heard anyway.

It’s kinda a hike (South Pittsburgh), but Sweetens Cove is phenomenal.

Y’all have to go

Course recommendations near destin/pcb for the weekend? Have played Kelly plantation, Baytowne, Raven, Sharks Tooth, Camp Creek that I can recall.

Course recommendations near destin/pcb for the weekend? Have played Kelly plantation, Baytowne, Raven, Sharks Tooth, Camp Creek that I can recall.
That all the good ones.......

I've heard Windswept Dunes is good? Haven't played it.

VN Store

Back