The Golf Thread

The average player should probably be playing a lower compression ball anyway rather than a premium ball. Other than feel, I'm not sure it even matters much to a guy swinging it 85-90 mph and hitting it off center.

Last time I was on a monitor, I was about 106-108 and there are times when I question what the ball is really doing for me.
I don't think the ball is the problem with my game lol

The average player should probably be playing a lower compression ball anyway rather than a premium ball. Other than feel, I'm not sure it even matters much to a guy swinging it 85-90 mph and hitting it off center.

Last time I was on a monitor, I was about 106-108 and there are times when I question what the ball is really doing for me.
I really notice it on chipping. And I can’t not have it chipping now that I feel it

Today’s premium balls have multi layers. Soft enough covers for lower swing speeds and firmer layers for faster swings.

Callaway, Titleist, Bridgestone, Taylormade all incorporate this. Unless your swing speed with a driver is under 80 mph, “low compression “ balls don’t help.

Yeah, There's definitely a difference in the way the ball reacts on the green from 60 yards in. They also have different feels of the putter.
And while it isn’t much, I always stock up this time of year. I’ll buy last year’s model for $39.99 instead of $47.99. Buying them at a military course saves taxes too.

It'll be interesting to see how long after surgery I'll have to wait to golf. Probably won't be using the push cart for awhile.

Justin Thomas needs to lay off the USGA about the rules infraction yesterday. That penalty was enforced by the PGA Tour, not the USGA.

Also...Sergio...........Grow the F up!

Thanks. About 2/3 months based on last fusion.
Better than I thought. My spine is slowly getting fused by old age and arthritis. I have read that once arthritis fuses vertebrae together, that you have less chance of injury because your range of motion is less. My neck already has 2 pair fused together by arthritis, but my neck still hurts pretty bad.

VN Store

Back