The Golf Thread

I will try to, only going to be in Tampa for 36 hours or so, then going down to Venice. If not I will when I go back in March. I have a buddy who started working at Innisbrook this year so I will be going to the Valspar.
Innisbrook is good too!

Has anyone seen the new equipment for 2019?
What spikes your interest?

For me Taylormade M5......driver, not irons

Last edited:
That is mostly what I concentrate on.
Amazing what people teach and players focus on. EVERY great player has maintained their posture from address to the 9:00 position on the follow-through. That is the single most important aspect to solid contact. Then, swing on plane and you never miss!:cool: Simple, yet so difficult to do.........:confused:

Amazing what people teach and players focus on. EVERY great player has maintained their posture from address to the 9:00 position on the follow-through. That is the single most important aspect to solid contact. Then, swing on plane and you never miss!:cool: Simple, yet so difficult to do.........:confused:
As I have gotten older and less flexible, I tend to stand up during the swing because my turn feels restricted. I try to concentrate on keeping my butt back during the swing, and to keep weight off my toes.

Reactions: peaygolf
As I have gotten older and less flexible, I tend to stand up during the swing because my turn feels restricted. I try to concentrate on keeping my butt back during the swing, and to keep weight off my toes.
Yep. I'm almost 50 and had spinal fusion a year and a half ago (about to have another). My flexibility has gone down the pooper. I just focus on maintaining my spine angle and except that I'm 15 yrs shorter with the driver. Sucks, but solid is always good.

Yep. I'm almost 50 and had spinal fusion a year and a half ago (about to have another). My flexibility has gone down the pooper. I just focus on maintaining my spine angle and except that I'm 15 yrs shorter with the driver. Sucks, but solid is always good.
I am 69, and have lost 15 mph in swing speed and about 30-35 yards since age 50, but I still hit it pretty solid.

Saddlebrook or TPC Tampa

if you want to drive 40 mins.......................World Woods! Do not miss it!!!!
I got to play on of the World Woods courses once not long before I left T-Bay. It was the best round I've ever played. I loved that course, and if we had not have moved, I would have played it a lot more.

I have only played 3-4 rounds since I left Florida, but I'm starting to get the itch to jump back in. I suck at golf, but I absolutely love playing.
@peaygolf have you ever played Wasiota Winds in Pineville Ky?

I got to play on of the World Woods courses once not long before I left T-Bay. It was the best round I've ever played. I loved that course, and if we had not have moved, I would have played it a lot more.
Played in US Open qualifier there twice when I lived in Boca. Would drive up about once a month to play there after. Love that place and want to go back!!!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Played in US Open qualifier there twice when I lived in Boca. Would drive up about once a month to play there after. Love that place and want to go back!!!
It is crazy, but that was one of the toughest tracks I have ever played on (just a poor hacker) And shot my best score ever..85.

I have not, but familiar with the area. Heard only good things about it.
It looks really nice. I need to go there and play, it's just 30 minutes from where I live, and I actually work out of Pineville now so I'm going to start playing again soon I hope, and that would be my home course. I was just finally starting to see a real improvement in my game when I left T-Bay. I loved the little Dunedin country club Donald Ross course, and usually played there, East Bay or Clearwater CC.

Yea.....85? Much better than the average player. I know some REAL hackers. You are not hacker
Thanks but I was a mid 90s player usually, I don't know why, but that day I was just really playing well. I had learned to hit a few shots by then, and was always pretty good on and around greens. I really need to start playing again, but my back and knees ache just thinking about it..lol.

I just got Hulu TV and watching the ToC at Kapalua Sunday just really gave me the itch.

It looks really nice. I need to go there and play, it's just 30 minutes from where I live, and I actually work out of Pineville now so I'm going to start playing again soon I hope, and that would be my home course. I was just finally starting to see a real improvement in my game when I left T-Bay. I loved the little Dunedin country club Donald Ross course, and usually played there, East Bay or Clearwater CC.
Dunedin is real nice. Love all Ross courses.

Thanks but I was a mid 90s player usually, I don't know why, but that day I was just really playing well. I had learned to hit a few shots by then, and was always pretty good on and around greens. I really need to start playing again, but my back and knees ache just thinking about it..lol.

I just got Hulu TV and watching the ToC at Kapalua Sunday just really gave me the itch.
Mid 90’s......still better than avg.🤘

Probably 80% of my swing thoughts are about maintaining spine angle. It's amazing what cutting down on the moving parts and not overswinging will do for you.
It’s what it’s all about. Google “golf swing sequence “ and click on images. Look at the tour players spines.

VN Store

Back