The Golf thread II

ZZ13

Saturn V
Sort of am I the a-hole question for the fellow golfers here. So, I was playing a round today. Sitting on the fairway in my cart waiting for the green to clear. As I’m sitting there WHACK someone from the tee on the hole beside me slices one and it hit the handle of my cart. Got really lucky to not be hit by that hall. The tee box is blocked by trees so I don’t think they could of saw me there, but there was no fore or right or anything yelled. I wasn’t mad because I knew it was an accident, but since no one has as behind me I waited for them to come up. Now again I wasn’t mad, a little shook from realizing how close a call I had, yeah. So I don’t think I had a rude tone, if anything maybe nervous sounding, but when they came up I pointed to where their ball was and said “yeah, it actually hit my cart. You know if you hit one towards another hole and you can’t see where it’s gonna land just yell fore to be safe.” So the guy snaps back pretty quickly and was like “well you can’t see from that tee box we didn’t know where you were” kind of rudely at that. At that point I do get a little ticked and was like yeah that’s the point before driving off. So, was I being the jerk by sitting there and waiting until his partner hit his second shot and for them came over to say something?
Since you asked. This is just me but I never try to coach anyone on their golf game on the course or police the golf course. Learned a long time ago that doing either one of those usually doesn’t work out well. If you had been hit and injured then different story. But otherwise I would have just kept on playing. Also, for me “Fore” is a marginally effective technique. If you hear it and immediately curl up in a ball with your arms protecting your head, then good deal. But if you hear it and start looking around for the flying ball, not so good of a deal.

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
Sort of am I the a-hole question for the fellow golfers here. So, I was playing a round today. Sitting on the fairway in my cart waiting for the green to clear. As I’m sitting there WHACK someone from the tee on the hole beside me slices one and it hit the handle of my cart. Got really lucky to not be hit by that hall. The tee box is blocked by trees so I don’t think they could of saw me there, but there was no fore or right or anything yelled. I wasn’t mad because I knew it was an accident, but since no one has as behind me I waited for them to come up. Now again I wasn’t mad, a little shook from realizing how close a call I had, yeah. So I don’t think I had a rude tone, if anything maybe nervous sounding, but when they came up I pointed to where their ball was and said “yeah, it actually hit my cart. You know if you hit one towards another hole and you can’t see where it’s gonna land just yell fore to be safe.” So the guy snaps back pretty quickly and was like “well you can’t see from that tee box we didn’t know where you were” kind of rudely at that. At that point I do get a little ticked and was like yeah that’s the point before driving off. So, was I being the jerk by sitting there and waiting until his partner hit his second shot and for them came over to say something?
I don't think you were a jerk at all. You get hit by a projectile and it's bound to stress you a little. But cut the guy some slack for not yelling fore. I'm not sure many of us would yell fore "just in case" if they didn't actually see people. At the same time though, if you hit one near somebody, it's on you and you just have to take whatever you get and apologize whether you think you owe it or not.

C-south

PGA Tour just upped its game.
I skimmed through some of it. They guarantee half a million but it doesn’t specify if that’s just based on earnings or includes any expenses. They’re also adding more events and perks for playing more events. I think more events was part of the issue to begin with.

05_never_again

To a degree, yes. He just went about making good point in a bad way.
Thing is, I wonder if Phil had to do it all over again he stays on the PGAT, knowing that they just adopted more or less what he wanted. Maybe not, because the LIV money is still better.

The statement he made to Shipnuck that started this whole firestorm seemed to indicate he actually didn't want to leave the PGAT at all. I think he does value the history, tradition, etc. of the Tour, but he values money more. He seemed to be fighting for, albeit in a sloppy way, a setup that would allow him to enjoy both - stay on the Tour but create a Tour within the Tour that paid/guaranteed him and other top players more cash.

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
Thing is, I wonder if Phil had to do it all over again he stays on the PGAT, knowing that they just adopted more or less what he wanted. Maybe not, because the LIV money is still better.

The statement he made to Shipnuck that started this whole firestorm seemed to indicate he actually didn't want to leave the PGAT at all. I think he does value the history, tradition, etc. of the Tour, but he values money more. He seemed to be fighting for, albeit in a sloppy way, a setup that would allow him to enjoy both - stay on the Tour but create a Tour within the Tour that paid/guaranteed him and other top players more cash.
It’s a money grab, pure and simple… and that’s OK if they’d just be honest and admit it. The whole professional golf freedom fighter act is comical. At Phil’s age, he wasn’t going to earn much in tournament winnings anyway.

ZZ13

Saturn V

I have no basis for this but a hunch and his sudden 180 degree personality change to a guarded and somewhat withdrawn individual. But could be he needed the $200 million like right now.

The Dog

Because I Can
Damn, I bet on Xander and Rory to win on Thursday night. So, when Xander tied for the lead, early Sunday (I think), I cashed out, both bets and doubled my money. But, if I let it ride, Rory was +1600 on a $10 bet, would have won $170, story of my life

VN Store