The Golf thread II

1972 Grad

The average player should probably be playing a lower compression ball anyway rather than a premium ball. Other than feel, I'm not sure it even matters much to a guy swinging it 85-90 mph and hitting it off center.

Last time I was on a monitor, I was about 108, 109 and there are times when I question what the ball is really doing for me.
I was still at 107-109 when I was 50. Not even in that ballpark now at 69. I think one can get used to the feel and spin of whichever ball around the greens. I don't think it makes much difference to the average player.

C-south

The average player should probably be playing a lower compression ball anyway rather than a premium ball. Other than feel, I'm not sure it even matters much to a guy swinging it 85-90 mph and hitting it off center.

Last time I was on a monitor, I was about 106-108 and there are times when I question what the ball is really doing for me.
Be careful not to go too low. Some of the marshmallow balls will fly forever with the short clubs if you hit them on the button. That’s assuming you have any kind of swing speed. If I played firm greens I’d probably go with a ProV1 or TP5 but most times they spin too much for me. The Chrome Soft has been a great ball for me with good feel and perfect amount of spin. The Project (a) is good too but spins a little more than the CS.

YankeeVol

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread

Last time I was on a monitor, I was about 106-108 and there are times when I question what the ball is really doing for me.
I don't think the ball is the problem with my game lol

volfanbill

Praying for Squirrely

I really notice it on chipping. And I can’t not have it chipping now that I feel it

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
Today’s premium balls have multi layers. Soft enough covers for lower swing speeds and firmer layers for faster swings.

Callaway, Titleist, Bridgestone, Taylormade all incorporate this. Unless your swing speed with a driver is under 80 mph, “low compression “ balls don’t help.

volfanbill

Praying for Squirrely
Yeah, There's definitely a difference in the way the ball reacts on the green from 60 yards in. They also have different feels of the putter.
And while it isn’t much, I always stock up this time of year. I’ll buy last year’s model for $39.99 instead of $47.99. Buying them at a military course saves taxes too.

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
Justin Thomas needs to lay off the USGA about the rules infraction yesterday. That penalty was enforced by the PGA Tour, not the USGA.

Also...Sergio...........Grow the F up!

VN Store

Sponsors