The Golf thread II

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
Thanks but I was a mid 90s player usually, I don't know why, but that day I was just really playing well. I had learned to hit a few shots by then, and was always pretty good on and around greens. I really need to start playing again, but my back and knees ache just thinking about it..lol.

I just got Hulu TV and watching the ToC at Kapalua Sunday just really gave me the itch.
Mid 90’s......still better than avg.🤘

C-south

Has anyone seen the new equipment for 2019?
What spikes your interest?

For me Taylormade M5......driver, not irons
I still have my 2016 M2 and havent found anything better. I’ve been putting pretty bad lately so I may be looking for a new putter just to change things up for awhile. The ping vault 2.0 Ketsch has caught my eye and the spider slant neck. We’ll see.

Rishvol

I still have my 2016 M2 and havent found anything better. I’ve been putting pretty bad lately so I may be looking for a new putter just to change things up for awhile. The ping vault 2.0 Ketsch has caught my eye and the spider slant neck. We’ll see.
If putters weren't more expensive than drivers I'd look into getting a new putter

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
I used my dads early ‘70’s Ping Anser from 1980-1997. Put a freaking dent right in the middle of the face smacking the bottom of my shoe (metal spikes). Haven’t found anything that I love more than that beautiful thing! Trust me .......I’ve looked.

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
Sometimes it helps just to look at something different. I rarely buy anything new although I did buy my last irons new (TM P790) and that was the first set of irons I had bought new in probably over a decade.
They are sweet. Love my combo set.
4-6 P790 (adjusted lofts)
7-p P750

Sticking with them for a long time...

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used my dads early ‘70’s Ping Anser from 1980-1997. Put a freaking dent right in the middle of the face smacking the bottom of my shoe (metal spikes). Haven’t found anything that I love more than that beautiful thing! Trust me .......I’ve looked.
Lol... I thought I was the only one dumb enough to slam a putter into my own spikes.

The Anser might be the best putter ever made. Putter with one in college and went away from it for some reason. Later found a Ping Zing that feels very similar.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
If putters weren't more expensive than drivers I'd look into getting a new putter
It's got to be the hardest club to justify money-wise. I'm just not spending $200+ for something that I know I'll be frustrated with in 2 weeks.

Best thing I ever did was find an old putter with a pistol grip and resign myself to just rolling it like I did when I was a kid and making it work.

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
Lol... I thought I was the only one dumb enough to slam a putter into my own spikes.

The Anser might be the best putter ever made. Putter with one in college and went away from it for some reason. Later found a Ping Zing that feels very similar.
Not even close.... Once missed and hit my ankle. Maybe the worst pain I've ever felt.:mad:

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not even close.... Once missed and hit my ankle. Maybe the worst pain I've ever felt.:mad:
Been there. Last time I ever did it, I walked off the green convinced I had broken my foot. Took about two holes for the pain to go away and of course I didn't say a word because I didn't want everybody to know I was stupid.

1972 Grad

Why can’t you guys just boomerang a club like normal folks?
I actually hit that bone on the inside of my foot 2 different times with an iron. I was just standing around twirling it, not mad. I won't make that mistake again.

I never have thrown a club, and I've been playing 55 years. I'm not saying that I don't get mad, or don't cuss, or have never hit the ground fairly hard with a club. I just never threw them. I have seen my brother hang one up in a tree, helicopter a few, and break a 5 iron off in the grip by flipping it around, and with the head in his hand, hit the bottom of my old leather bag, right in the grip. Of course, they don't make bags like that anymore...….thankfully. When I grew up and carried the bag and walked, bags were heavy duty.

VN Store

Sponsors