The Gator Bowl Is Being Taken Over By The Jacksonville Jaguars

Get ready for some DISSENT. 😏

I don’t mind expanding the playoff to 8, but to ask people to travel to more than 2 bowl sites is asking way too much. First round home games, keep the final 4 the same as it is now, but I would also like to expand Playoff destination sites, which I believe they are doing. I think I will start a new thread on the topic of CFP expansion, how it should like, where it should/could expand etc. It’s always a fun interesting offseason thing to do.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don’t mind expanding the playoff to 8, but to ask people to travel to more than 2 bowl sites is asking way too much. First round home games, keep the final 4 the same as it is now, but I would also like to expand Playoff destination sites, which I believe they are doing. I think I will start a new thread on the topic of CFP expansion, how it should like, where it should/could expand etc. It’s always a fun interesting offseason thing to do.
If North Dakota State’s devotees can flood every game their team participates in the FCS playoffs?

I agree with you,Butchna! There needs to be a 16 team FBS Playoffs.

8 teams and we're good.

5 P5 Conference champions: ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12

Best ranked G5 team in the CFP rankings at the end of the regular season: MAC, CUSA, AAC, MWC, Sun

2 at large spots for independents or highest ranked conference teams who's record shows they are worthy.

4 playoff bowls on or around the second weekend in December with traditional match ups (1-8, 2-7, etc). That puts it two weeks after conference championship games. Rotate the first four through a bid process with mandating venues must have a minimum seating of 60,000 along with the supporting infrastructure. Keep two of the NY6 bowls in the rotating schedule semifinals and the final game two weeks or so after that.

Last year first round seedings would have been: Alabama (1) vs Washington (8), Clemson (2) vs UCF (7), Notre Dame (3) vs Ohio State (6), OU (4) vs UGA (5)

Traveling to and from Southwestern Dakota State Online Academy Strayer division isn’t quite the same scale is it? Especially during the holidays
I have no idea what the **** you just said. Thousands of green and yellow clad faithful follow their team through the FCS PLAYOFFS like they’re the Grateful Dead...from Fargo, a 700,000 population community. My town hosts the NC, and the Dallas Cowboys HQ, and the burg is swamped with RV’s sporting their colors. Only thing rivaling it was when Jimmy Buffet performed here annually. James Madison fans do the same. You telling me Clemson crazies and Oklahoma Sooners and Bammers, Dawgs etc can’t compete financially?

I have no idea what the **** you just said. Thousands of green and yellow clad faithful follow their team through the FCS PLAYOFFS like they’re the Grateful Dead...from Fargo, a 700,000 population community. My town hosts the NC, and the Dallas Cowboys HQ, and the burg is swamped with RV’s sporting their colors. Only thing rivaling it was when Jimmy Buffet performed here annually. James Madison fans do the same. You telling me Clemson crazies and Oklahoma Sooners and Bammers, Dawgs etc can’t compete financially?

I do think any expanded playoffs need to be carefully looked at in terms of local infrastructure and stadium size. While the Aloha Bowl might be cool for the teams playing in it, not everyone could financially make the trip to Hawaii only to turn around a couple of weeks later and make a trip to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl playoffs.

The NCAA would have to carefully look at every location before awarding such a bid. I do agree though, most fans that could afford to make such multiple trips would likely do it.

While I'm a proponent of leaving it at four, I do understand the argument for 8. But if you go to 8, the first round has to be at campus sites. It's asking too much to travel up to 3 times in a month.

What happens when you have Washington hosting someone like Miami? Or Clemson hosting USCw? Or let's dream a bit and Hawaii has a high enough seed to host the first game.

There will be travel regardless for at least four teams. And quite possibly serious travel. The argument of traveling does not hold water.

What happens when you have Washington hosting someone like Miami? Or Clemson hosting USCw? Or let's dream a bit and Hawaii has a high enough seed to host the first game.

There will be travel regardless for at least four teams. And quite possibly serious travel. The argument of traveling does not hold water.

so you could go to a bowl game 3 weeks ........during the holidays aka December?? doubt it.

that does hold water. Holds a f++++n dam.

Better hypothetical:

What happens when Washington and Hawaii get matched up for a quarterfinal in Tampa or Miami?

By putting it on campus you can reasonably assure decent attendance with the home team's fans.

Better hypothetical:

What happens when Washington and Hawaii get matched up for a quarterfinal in Tampa or Miami?

By putting it on campus you can reasonably assure decent attendance with the home team's fans.
Yeah same problem if you had a matchup like UCLA vs Appalachian State

so you could go to a bowl game 3 weeks ........during the holidays aka December?? doubt it.

that does hold water. Holds a f++++n dam.

You are telling me fans that are used to going eight hours or less are going to be willing to drive completely across country to what amounts to a home game for the other team? If your answer is yes, they would go to a game halfway across the country to a neutral site. If no, they wouldn't travel three times in December regardless of venue.

You are telling me fans that are used to going eight hours or less are going to be willing to drive completely across country to what amounts to a home game for the other team? If your answer is yes, they would go to a game halfway across the country to a neutral site. If no, they wouldn't travel three times in December regardless of venue.
So they’re less capable than fans of FCS universities? Good info. 🤔

VN Store

Back